Stepwise Procedure On How To Close Central Bank Of India Account Online?
Closing our bank accounts can be one of our most pressing issues, especially if unfamiliar with the financial and banking systems. Often, we are unsure about who to dress address and the essential details to mention while preparing an application for the closure of a bank account. Furthermore, banks do not want to lose their precious consumers; therefore, they aim to keep the procedure as clean & simple as possible. If you want to close a CBI account, this post will guide you about ‘How to close Central Bank of India Account Online?‘
|Article||Central Bank of India Account Closing Process|
|Bank||Central Bank of India (CBI)|
|Beneficiary||Central Bank of India Customers (CBI)|
The Central Bank of India (CBI) was established in 1911. It was the first commercial bank owned and operated by Indians. CBI currently has an extensive network of 4695 branches, four extension counters, and 29 satellite offices. It offers competitive savings account interest rate options. But still there, which can lead a customer to close CBI bank account. Follow the below-given procedure for the same.
Table of Contents
- Method: How to close Central Bank Of India Account Online?
- Get Central Bank of India Account Closure Form (PDF Format)
- Application Format To Close Central Bank Of India Account
- Central bank Minimum Account balance
- Can I close central bank of India account online?
- Account closure form is necessary to close CBI bank account?
- Where can I get central bank of India account closure form?
- What is Central bank of India minimum monthly balance?
- How many days will bank take to close Central Bank of India Account?
- What are the central bank of India account closing charges?
Method: How to close Central Bank Of India Account Online?
Unfortunately, to close CBI account online is not possible. Therefore, if you are searching for ways to close central bank of India account online, you might not find appropriate information. The only way to close central bank of India account is by submitting the CBI account closure form or submitting the closure application to the bank official. You can follow the below given stepwise procedure that will help you to close CBI account:
- The first step you can do while sitting at your home is to download CBI account closure form. The central bank of India account closing form is readily available online. You can download it by visiting the CBI official website and look for the CBI account closing form. If you face a problem online, you can visit the nearby Central bank of India branch and manually collect the account closure form.
- Fill in the Central bank of India account closer form: the bank account closure forms are not complex as they hold questions on all the information required from the customer side. Read the directions carefully while filling in the form, and make sure you fill the form in block letters. The CBI account closure form has which is including the account holder’s name, date of birth, address, signature. If any joint account holders of the same account, the CBI account closure form will request their signature.
- Attach KYC documents: when submitting the central bank of India account closure form, the customer must also submit KYC documents to the bank. The KYC documents are the general identification and address proof documents, including the Account holder’s PAN card or Aadhaar card. These documents have to be self-attested. The bank may ask the joint account holder to self attest the documents as well.
- Debit card, balance cheque leaves, and passbook submission: the account holder closing the CBI account also must submit the debit card, balance check leaves, and the passbook back to the bank. If the customer does not hold a debit card in some cases, they can submit balance check leaves and passbook.
- Withdrawl of the remaining amount in the bank account: after all the documents are submitted, the bank official will verify the documents and, following that, ask the customer to withdraw the remaining amount in the bank account. The remaining funds in the bank account can get transferred to a new bank account; the account holder can withdraw the balance as cash or via DD.
Note: You can also get all the documents and visit the Central bank of India home branch. Then, collect the CBI account closure form from the branch, fill in the details, and submit it. It will save your time, and in case of any problems, you can inquire about queries from the bank itself while filling the form.
Get Central Bank of India Account Closure Form (PDF Format)
The account closure form will be accessible at the bank, and it will ask for a reason for the account closure. However, many people find it challenging to download the account closure form online. All account holders should sign the form. Then, another form must be completed with the account details to move the balance funds.
When closing a bank account, it is essential to submit an account closure form and the required documents.
Application Format To Close Central Bank Of India Account
To, The Bank Manager, Branch Name Branch Address Subject: Close Central Bank of India bank account. Sir/Madam, I want to close my savings/current account with the central bank of India. However, I have opened a new bank account with another bank, and I cannot maintain two bank accounts simultaneously. Therefore, I implore you to process my application and close my central bank of India account with my Account number [_____], IFSC code[______], account holder name [______]. Kindly process my account cancel application as soon as possible. Thank you Yours sincerely [Name] [Signature]
Central bank Minimum Account balance
|Metro /Urban Branches||Rs.2000/-|
|Rural Branches||Rs. 500/-|
More bank account-related details are available on our website. Click here
You may have noticed that closing a Central Bank of India account offline is as simple as visiting the nearest branch. However, there is no way to close a Central Bank of India account Online. Therefore, closing a bank account with the Central Bank of India is usually not advised. We have shared all the important details about how to close central bank of India account online. However, in case of any problem, you can connect with central bank of India customer service at 1800 22 1911.