How To Close Punjab National Bank Account Online
Punjab National Bank, abbreviated as PNB, is a nationalized bank in India. The company’s headquarters are in New Delhi, India. PNB is owned by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The bank was created in May 1894 and is India’s third-largest government-owned bank in terms of business volume and network. The PNB bank has more than 180 million customers, 12,248 branches, and more than 13,000 ATMs. Still, some people might not be interested in keeping their accounts in the Punjab National Bank. This post will guide you on ‘How To Close Punjab National Bank Account Online.’
|Article||PNB Bank Account Closing Form|
|Beneficiary||PNB Bank Customers|
|Form PDF Download||Download Here|
Important Note: You cannot close Punjab national bank account online. You close the bank account in Punjab national bank, and you have to visit the PNB branch. Closing a bank account in PNB also covers account closure charges.
Table of Contents
- How To Close Punjab National Bank Account Online
- Minimum balance in PNB
- Punjab National Bank account closure charges
- Download PNB Account Closure Form PDF Format
- Application format to close PNB bank account
- Can I close my PNB bank account online?
- How do I close a PNB bank account online?
- Can I transfer my PNB account online?
- Is it necessary to close a bank account?
- What if the minimum balance is not maintained in PNB?
- Is it possible to close a bank account over the phone?
- How long will it take to close PNB bank account?
How To Close Punjab National Bank Account Online
You can follow the outline steps to close your Punjab national bank saving account or current account. The steps to close the saving/current account are the same.
- Collect the account closure form: go to your nearby PNB branch and ask for the account closure form. The Punjab national bank account closure form can be downloaded online from the PNB website or downloaded from our page.
- Fill the PNB account closure form: enter all the details very carefully in the account closure form. The form has blanks for you to enter the account number, account holder’s name, customer ID, mobile number. Also, it requests you to write the reason for closing the account, how you want to receive the balance amount, and your signature.
- You have the option of receiving the balance amount in cash, cheque demand draft, fund transfer to another PNB account, or fund transfer to another bank account.
- Submission: now, you have to submit this duly filled account closure form to the Punjab national bank home branch. You also need to submit your passbook, debit card, and cheque leaves with this account closure form.
- Attach KYC documents: along with passbook, debit card, and cheque leaves, also submit a copy of your ID and address proof.
- Following the bank’s processing of your application, you will get the balance amount in the manner you choose.
Alternatively, the better option is to directly visit the Punjab National Bank home branch with all the required documents you need to attach along with the account closure form. Then, please fill the form, attach your documents and submit it to the bank.
- You will receive the amount if your PNB account balance is less than the minimum balance requirement but greater than zero.
- If it comes that your account balance is negative, you have to pay the non-maintenance fine.
- If you have a Punjab national bank facility linked to the PNB account, you must first close that facility before closing the account.
Minimum balance in PNB
Follow the below-given table to find the required minimum balance in Punjab national bank:
|PNB Area of Branch||PNB Minimum Qty. Average Balance|
Punjab National Bank account closure charges
Yes, there are charges when you close your Punjab national bank account.
|Details||PNB Charges for non-individuals||PNB Charges for semi-urban, urban, and metro branches (individual customers)||Charges for rural branches, senior citizens, and pensioners (individual customers)|
|Closing recurring deposit PNB account within 1 year of opening||Rs.100||Rs.100||Rs.100|
|Closing PNB SF account within 1 year of opening the account||Rs.500||Rs.300||Rs.200|
|Closing PNB’s current account within 1 year of opening an account.||Rs.800||Rs.600||Rs.500|
You can also read about How To Find Cheque Number On SBI, HDFC, ICICI & Axis Cheque or How To Reset User ID, log in, And Transaction Password In PNB on our website.
Download PNB Account Closure Form PDF Format
If you want to close the PNB Bank account, use the PNB Bank Account closure Form in PDF format. Download below in pdf format online. You will get the necessary details for closing an account with PNB Bank in the closure form. You can also find directions and details on how to fill it.
Application format to close PNB bank account
You can also apply to the branch manager and ask them to close your PNB bank account. The application format for closing the PNB bank account is provided below. Then, in the same format, submit your request to close your bank account to the corresponding PNB bank branch official.
To, The Branch Manager, PNB Bank (Branch Name) Bhopal, Subject: Request to Close PNB Bank Account No.- xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx. Respected Sir/Madam, Mr./Miss XYZ of [address] has an account with PNB Bank [account number xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx]. This application is a request to close the bank account at the account number mentioned earlier number. I have created a new bank account with another bank. I'd like to shut my PNB bank account. I've also moved all of my funds from the previous account to the new one, leaving only the minimal funds. I would be delighted if you could fulfil my request and close PNB bank accounts as soon as feasible. Thanking You Yours Faithfully, (Name and Signature with Date) Account No.- xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
Can I close my PNB bank account online?
How do I close a PNB bank account online?
Can I transfer my PNB account online?
Is it necessary to close a bank account?
What if the minimum balance is not maintained in PNB?
Is it possible to close a bank account over the phone?
How long will it take to close PNB bank account?
This post is about “How to Close Punjab National Bank Account online.” Here we tried to guide you with all you need to know about closing your PNB Bank account. If any doubts, shoot them in the comments section, and we will gladly answer them all. You can also contact PNB Bank customer service’s toll-free number 1800 180 2222 for more information.