Do you have a Union Bank of India account? Do you take advantage of the bank’s sophisticated banking services? You can close Union Bank of India bank account and switch to another bank if you are dissatisfied with the services. You could have your reasons for closing bank account. This article is a guide about ‘How to close Union bank of India bank account online,’ simply follow the steps below.
|Article||Union Bank of India Account Closing Form|
|Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Beneficiary||Union Bank of India Customers|
|Form PDF Download||Download Here|
It is necessary to know that no online method allows you to close a bank account. A customer has to visit the bank or call the customer executive to close Union bank of India bank account. To close bank account, you must provide identification and address proof documents to a Union Bank of India home branch.
Table of Contents
- How to close Union bank of India Bank account online?
- Union Bank of India account closure form PDF format.
- Minimum balance in Union Bank of India
- Application Format for closing Union Bank of India account
- Close Union Bank of India Bank Account Via Customer Care Number
- How to close my union bank account online?
- Is it important to visit the bank to close union bank account?
- Can I get Union Bank Account closure form from any branch?
- What are the account closing charges for Union Bank of India’s Regular Savings Bank Account?
- What is the withdrawal limit of a Union Bank saving account?
How to close Union bank of India Bank account online?
Following the below-given steps, you can close your current account or saving account in the Union Bank of India.
- The first step is to get an account closure form. To close a bank account, every bank has its respective type of account closure form. Collect this account closing form from the nearby union bank of India branch, or you can download this from our page or Union Bank of India official website.
- This form request details related to your identity and your account, like: name, address, account number, date of birth, signature, and sometimes we also include the question asking the reason for closing the bank account. There is one more option on the form asking how you want to withdraw the balance amount from your account (via DD/Cheque/ Bank transfer/cash withdrawal).
- If you have any joint account holders, they also need to sign the Union Bank of India bank account closure form.
- The next step is to attach your KYC documents. The KYC documents are basically ‘know your customer documents, includes Aadhaar card and PAN card. They serve as customers identical and are also used as address proof. These documents attached, along with the account closure form, need to be self-attested.
- When submitting the account closure bank to the bank manager or officer in charge, you must surrender your passbook and debit card. Also, submit your balance cheque leaves.
- The final step is to withdraw the remaining sum from your bank account. Do this only after the bank official verifies your documents and asks you to withdraw the amount from your bank account. You can withdraw cash, have the bank issue a cheque/DD in your name, or transfer the money to another account.
Note: You can take your KYC documents to the Union Bank of India’s main branch, where you can request the account closure form, fill it out, and submit it along with the documents.
Union Bank of India does not provide an online alternative for closing bank account. You must go to the branch and request account closure by following the instructions.
Union Bank of India account closure form PDF format.
In the account closure form, you will find all the instructions to fill it. Customers can collect the form manually from any nearby Union Bank of India branch, or you can download it from the official Union Bank of India website. We have also provided an option to download Union Bank of India bank account closure form PDF format below. Ensure that the details you fill in the form are accurate and recheck before submitting it to the bank official.
Minimum balance in Union Bank of India
The necessary minimum amount and average quarterly balance (AQB) in a normal savings bank account are determined by the location of the bank branch where the deposit is maintained. Pensioners are also granted particular consideration when it comes to minimum balance requirements. The necessary minimum and average quarterly balances are listed below.
|Category||With Cheque Book||Without Cheque Book|
Application Format for closing Union Bank of India account
To close the union bank of India bank account by submitting an application to close bank account to the bank is also a measure to close bank account. In this application, you have to mention your name, account number, and address. Follow the below-given format to write an application requesting the bank to close the account.
To, The Branch Manager, (Bank Branch name) (Branch Address) Subject: Application to close Union Bank of India bank account. Respected Sir/Madam, This letter is to close my Union Bank of India bank account. I will not be able to maintain the minimum balance and continue to use this bank account anymore. My (savings account / current account) account number is XXXXXXXXX, with account holder name 'XYZ' and address 'XYZ.' I request you to close the account and credit the amount by cash or via DD. Thanking you, [Name] [Signature] [Address]
Close Union Bank of India Bank Account Via Customer Care Number
Please connect to the customer care number of Union Bank of India and request the customer care executive to close your bank account; provide them your account number and name details. The executive will escalate the request, and you will get notified with details. When requesting to close the union bank of India account via customer care, ensure you have zero balance in your account. Union Bank all-India Toll-Free number: 1800 22 22 44 / 1800 208 2244
For all banks and account-related details, you can check our page. Click Here
How to close my union bank account online?
There is no online alternative for closing a Union Bank of India account. To close your bank account, you must present identity and address proof documentation at a home branch.
Is it important to visit the bank to close union bank account?
Yes, it is important to visit the union bank branch to close bank account. There is no online option available to close union bank of India bank account.
Can I get Union Bank Account closure form from any branch?
Yes, You can collect the account closure form from the Union bank or any nearby Union Bank branch. If you have an internet connection at home, you can download the account closure form in PDF format online, fill it and take a printout.
What are the account closing charges for Union Bank of India’s Regular Savings Bank Account?
If you close an account within 14 days, then no charges are applicable. However, the closure of an account within 12 months will cost Rs.173 and for the accounts with chequebook. The charges will be Rs.130 for accounts without cheque books.
What is the withdrawal limit of a Union Bank saving account?
The minimum withdrawal limit of the Union Bank account is rs.25,000.
It is better to close the bank account if you do not use it. This post was about how to close the union bank of India bank account online. However, the Union Bank of India doesn’t offer an online option to close the account. We hope that the above-given information was helpful to you and if you still have any questions related to the same kindly shoot us in the comment section below.