FASTag, after its introduction a few years back, has revolutionized the toll payment system in the country. And to facilitate this, cashless FASTag payments through the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) hopped along. The FASTag balance toll collection system operational aspect is only restricted to the government of India and its authorized collaborators.
At the same time, the cashless payment services were open to operation to anyone in the market under the watch of the Reserve Bank of India, popularly referred to as the RBI. After the flagging off of the Digital India Campaign in 2015 and the demonetization in 2017, loads of UPI payment apps have flooded the Indian app market over the years. One among them is PhonePe, which started its operations in 2015. This article will look at how a PhonePe user can check their FASTag balance or Fastag status via the PhonePe app. Yes, now you can check FASTag balance on PhonePe.
Table of Contents
What is FASTag and Fastag Balance?
FASTag is nationwide on-the-go toll payment technology introduced by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway in collaboration with NHAI, I.e. National Highway Authority of India, in October of 2017. Fastag balance is an entirely electronic process wherein, on approaching the toll plaza, the RFID scanners are mounted to scan the unique FASTag rectangular code of the vehicle (which is placed on the vehicle’s windshield) and automatically deduct the toll amount from the car owner’s FASTag balance wallet. This revolutionary technology-enabled quick toll payment reduced the length of the queues at toll plazas and saved countless commuters on the Indian highways their valuable time. Over the years, numerous vehicles on the Indian highways have adopted the FASTag technology.
Still many people get confused about the fastag balance check. So here are we to help with the complete procedure about how to check Fastag balance on PhonePe. You can visit our website and get easy stepwise solutions on SBI Bank , ICICI Bank, Punjab National Bank, Govt. Schemes and various other topics.
How to do FASTag balance Check on PhonePe
PhonePe is an Indian fintech app that provides its customer’s facilities in digital payments and other financial services. It was founded in December of 2015, the same year the Government of India initiated Digital India. It is headquartered in the silicon valley of India (Bengaluru) in Karnataka. It is currently catering to the online financial needs of over 35 crore customers and providing them with a hassle-free digital experience. Follow the stepwise procedure given below to check fastag balance status.
Steps to FASTag balance check on PhonePe:
- One can follow the below-given steps on PhonePe to check your FASTag balance.
- Download the PhonePe from Google Play Store (if you’re an android user) or App Store (if you’re an iOS user) and login to the app using your credentials.
- After the app’s interface opens in front of you, you will see an option which reads ‘See All’.
- Tap on the ‘See All’ option, and then you will see an option which reads ‘Manage FASTag’.
- After tapping on the ‘Manage FASTag’ option, search for the bank which has issued the FASTag to you.
- Please note that the FASTag issuing bank name can also be searched from the search box.
- Upon selecting your FASTag issuing bank, enter the details of your vehicle (either the vehicle registration number or your wallet ID).
- Post entering your vehicle regd. Number or wallet ID, tap on the confirm button to confirm the details you’ve provided.
- Once clicked on confirm, all the details about your FASTag wallet will appear on your phone’s screen.
- The Bill details on your screen contain information like Customer Number, FASTag Balance and Maximum Recharge Amount. Here you can also choose to recharge your FASTag wallet in the denominations of 500, 2000, and 3000.
Following the steps above, a FASTag user can quickly check their FASTag wallet balance in PhonePe. And more importantly, to facilitate this, the user needs to be connected to an active internet connection.
FASTag balance check on PhonePe Customer Care Number:
In case of any doubts or trouble regarding FASTag balance check on PhonePe app, you can contact their customer care number at 080-68727374 or 022-68727374.
India, in a post-digitalized world, has simplified the lives of many to a large extent. But simpler lives do come with more vulnerability to frauds over the internet. Thus, users must be very cautious while sharing personal details over the web on various digital platforms. If you encounter any suspicious activity related to your bank account or online transaction, then bring it to the notice of your bank officials at the earliest.