How to find the central bank of India CIF number
The Central Bank of India is a nationalized bank in India that offers consumers internet banking services. Every Central Bank of India customer is given a CIF number, which is a one-of-a-kind identifier. For example, suppose a customer has various accounts at a central bank branch, such as a savings account, a deposit account, a loan account, a Demat account, and so on. In that case, this number is used to identify the customer and their accounts. Here we’ll look at ‘How to find the central bank of India CIF Number.‘
Some services require a CIF number, and if you don’t have one, you won’t be able to use some of the services online or offline. We’ll look at how to find the Central Bank of India CIF number using several ways in this guide.
What is the Central Bank of India CIF number?
CIF is the Customer Information File, and this number is assigned to every bank customer. The CBI CIF number is a unique 11-digit number.
By entering this CIF number, bank operators will have access to all of your account information.
When is the CIF number required?
Although CIF is only used internally by the Bank, some services demand a CIF number.
- During the registration process for Internet Banking with the Central Bank of India.
- Bank account transfers from one branch to another.
Table of Contents
- The process to find the Central Bank of India CIF number online and offline.
The process to find the Central Bank of India CIF number online and offline.
1) You can find the CIF number Offline
- Find Central Bank of India CIF number using your Passbook: There is a CIF number on the first page of your Passbook.
- Find the CIF number in the Account statement: If you have requested an account statement for your CBI account, the CIF number will be printed on the first page.
- Find Central Bank of India CIF number using your Chequebook: The first page of your account chequebook has a CIF number printed on it.
Get the CBI CIF number by calling Customer Care: You can obtain your CIF number by contacting the Central Bank of India’s customer service department. (CBI Customer care number – 1800221911)
When you contact customer service, give them your account number and inquire about the CIF number. The executive will provide you with the CID number for your account.
2) There are two methods to find the CIF number online
Find a CIF number with the help of Internet Banking: In the Central bank of India, log in to internet banking using your internet banking account user id and password. You can see your CIF number beside your name on the homepage after you log in.
Mobile App – Cent-mPassbook
- You have first to Download the Cent-mPassbook app on your mobile phone.
- Once you download it, open the app and log in using your login id and password. (You have to register on the mobile application if you are first time user)
- Now, go to the menu.
- Click on the User Profile option.
- You can now see the CIF number on your screen.
You can also read about Stepwise Procedure on Close Central Bank Of India Account Online? | How To Find Cheque Number On SBI, HDFC, ICICI & Axis Cheque and more bank details.
Several methods exist for obtaining the CIF number of your Central Bank of India account. The CIF number of your Central Bank of India can be found both online and offline. All of the ways listed above are 100% accurate, and you can use any of them. This guide shows how to find the Central Bank of India CIF number. In case of any questions or concerns about this article, please leave them in the comments box below.