A few years back SBI used to send PIN mailers for Debit and Credit cards which hide the ATM pin with scratch-off panels. In order to make the SBI ATM PIN generation process a hassle-free process for its account holders, the State Bank of India recently introduced the Green PIN facility. SBI Green PIN facility users to generate SBI atm card pin by SMS at your home without visiting the bank. Green Pin helps to reduce wastage of paper, so contributes to environmental causes too.
The green pin is also known as OTP which is typically sent to your registered mobile number through an SMS. it is not the actual ATM card pin that you will use to complete POS or ATM transactions. The green pin is a temporary pin that is used to generate the actual ATM pin number. After getting the Green Pin/OTP in your mobile number you have to visit your nearest SBI ATM in the next 2 days and create your ATM Card Pin by entering the OTP in the ATM machine.
If you are not able to access your registered mobile number then generating an ATM pin could be not possible. You can follow this guide to change your mobile in SBI Card. However, there are other ways to generate a green pin. Some of them are mentioned below.
Table of Contents
- Ways to Generate SBI Card ATM PIN on Mobile:
- Steps To Sbi Atm Pin Generation by Sms
- How to Generate SBI ATM PIN at SBI ATM?
- Sbi Atm Pin Generation by Calling State Bank Of India (SBI) Customer Care
- Generate SBI Atm Card Pin Using Internet Banking
- How Can I Get My Sbi Atm Pin by Sms
- Frequently Asked Questions
Ways to Generate SBI Card ATM PIN on Mobile:
There are 4 ways generate SBI ATM pin for first time, these are listed below-
- Visiting Any SBI Atm
- Sending SMS to 567676
- Calling SBI customer care
- By Loging in SBI Internet Baking
So here is the step by step process to generate SBI Atm Pin By SMS.
Steps To Sbi Atm Pin Generation by Sms
- After Getting SBI Debit Card You have to generate SBI Atm Pin.
- You have to send an SMS to your bank from your registered mobile number.
- SMS PIN ABCD EFGH (where ABCD represents the last four digits of your atm card and the EFGH represents the last four digits of your bank account number) to 567676.
SMS 'PIN ABCD EFGH' to 567676
- Once the SMS is sent, you will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Now visit your nearest SBI ATM in the next 2 days to generate the SBI ATM by entering the OTP.
How to Generate SBI ATM PIN at SBI ATM?
You can also generate SBI ATM PIN by following the below-mentioned steps:
- To Generate SBI ATM PIN At SBI ATM please visit the nearest SBI ATM to initiate the process.
- Insert your new State Bank of India ATM card into the Machine
- Now select the PIN generation option on the screen
- Now it will ask you 11 digit bank account number of the sbi atm pin generation
- Enter the 11 digit SBI Account Number that the ATM card.
- Next, it will ask for the mobile number linked to that SBI ATM Card pin you want to generate.
- Enter the registered mobile number and select on ‘Confirm’
- On the next screen, it will show you a message thanking you for participating SBI Green initiative for sbi atm pin generation.
- Select on ‘Confirm’ to proceed next step of sbi atm pin generation through atm.
- On the next step, it will show you a confirmation message upon successful SBI PIN generation.
- Now you will receive an SMS with your 4 digit temporarily SBI ATM Pin, on your registered mobile number.
- This pin code is valid for 48 hours, now insert your atm card again to complete the last step of “sbi atm pin generation through atm”.
- Once ATM is inserted, select the ‘Banking>PIN Change’ option and enter the Temporary PIN received on the registered mobile number when the ATM asks to enter the SBI ATM PIN. Then change your pin of sbi atm to your desired one.
Sbi Atm Pin Generation by Calling State Bank Of India (SBI) Customer Care
- Call SBI Toll Freee Customer Care at 1800 11 22 11/ 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990
- Follow the instructions and select the ‘ATM and Prepaid Card Services’ option.
- Now press ‘1’ to Generate ATM PIN.
- You will be asked for the atm card number, enter the same, and confirm
- You will be asked for the account card number, enter the same, and confirm.
- After completing every step you will receive an SMS with a one-time password (OTP), which will be valid for 2 days.
- Now any please visit SBI ATM to generate SBI ATM Card Pin.
Generate SBI Atm Card Pin Using Internet Banking
In order to generate SBI Atm Card Pin using internet banking, make sure you have your mobile number registered on your account while generating a pin.
- Log in to SBI Online with your username and password.
- After that select, the SBI ATM PIN generate option for creating new/change SBI ATM card PIN.
- After that fill all of the required details that asked by the website.
Please follow our guide on How To Activate SBI Debit Card for detailed steps.
How Can I Get My Sbi Atm Pin by Sms
You can get your sbi pin by sms following this process.
- Grab your phone, which is registered to your sbi account, to get your sbi ATM pin by SMS.
- Now open your messaging app on your phone and send the following message to 567676.
PIN ABCD EFGH
- Replace ABCD with the last four digits of your SBI atm card & EFGH with the last four digits of your bank account number.
- Once you have sent the SMS, you are going to receive a 6 digit OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Now, you need to visit the nearest SBI ATM within 48 hours to generate the SBI ATM by entering the OTP you received while generating Sbi Atm Pin by Sms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Generate my ATM PIN online without visiting the bank?
You can Generate your ATM Pin, online without visiting the bank.
Can I use my debit card before activating my PIN?
No, you can not use your debit card before generating your atm pin. The Debit card will be activated after generating the atm pin.
Can the OTP for PIN generation be sent to a mobile number not registered with the bank?
No, OTP for PIN generation can only ve send to the registered mobile number. In case you were not able to access your registered mobile number then you have to change your registered mobile number by visiting your nearest branch.
Can I activate my SBI ATM card Without the Mobile number?
Yes, there are many methods where you can activate the SBI ATM card without the mobile number. You can log in to your internet banking for generating the ATM card pin.
This is the article about How Can I Generate SBI Atm Pin By SMS. this article is covered from every aspect we also mentioned some other ways of “sbi atm pin generation”. If you were facing any problem while generating the ATM card pin then submit your query in the comment section we will contact you as soon as possible.