Banks send confidential parcels to your home location such as Debit Card, Credit Card, Important papers, etc., and if you changed your address or moved to another city, it might hard for you to visit the old place to collect your documents. Banks give you the facility to change your address with a new one so that your important documents can be sent only to your actual address. If you have an account with State Bank Of India, you may require changing the contact address currently saved in your bank records.
Documents Needed to Change Address in SBI Bank
To change your residential address in India’s state bank account, you need to provide valid KYC Documents and permanent residence address proof. All of the documents must be self-attested by the customer.
Here is the list of documents that can be used as current address proof:
- Aadhar Card.
- Voter ID Card.
- Utility bill not more than two months old of any service provider (electricity, telephone, postpaid mobile phone, piped gas, water bill).
- Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government.
- Property or Municipal Tax Receipt.
- Letter of allotment of accommodation from employer issued by State or central government.
How to Change Address In SBI Bank Account By Visiting The Banks Branch:
To change your address in the State bank of India, you have to visit your nearest SBI bank branch along with some required documents. Make sure to bring an Original & scanner Photocopy of the documents; sometimes, the bank executive might ask for the original document for verification.
You have to fill an Address Change Request form provided by the bank. After filling them, submit the form along with the mentioned documents.
- Any ID proof like Aadhar card, Voter Id card, or passport. (Aadhar card is the best option as ID proof).
- Any Address residential address proof document mentioned above.
- Address Change Request form.
- Bank Passbook (It is not compulsory, but sometimes the bank executive asks for the bank passbook).
Now, fill the form with your account number, old address, and new address & sign the form with your signature present in the SBI account & make sure you don’t forget to mention the date.
Now attach the photocopy of a document which mentions your new address and sign on it. Check the accepted documents list in the above section. Submit the documents with original documents to the corresponding executive. The executive will verify all the documents and update your new address in the State bank of India Account.
After a few minutes, you will get an SMS over your registered mobile number mentioning, “your address is changed as you requested.”
How to Change Address In SBI Bank By Email:
- You have to send an e-mail to the SBI Bank Home branch related to the address change to email@example.com.
- First, mention your full name, registered mobile number, registered email. After that, write your issue in the email.
- After writing the email, attach the self-attested photocopy of ID proof, current Address proof, and bank passbook.
- Now send the email to the bank. After 1 or 2 working days, your address will be changed.
How to Change Address In SBI Bank By Letter:
- You can also write a letter to the SBI Bank Home branch manager related to the address change.
- Here is what the body of the letter looks like.
Dear Mr. /Ms___________ (name of the concerned person), I want to inform you that I have shifted my house address from _____________(give previous address) to__________(give current address). Please note the new address and change it accordingly in your office records.
- After writing the letter, attach the self-attested photocopy of ID proof, current Address proof, and bank passbook.
- Now post the letter, the bank will change your residential address after verifying your details.
Note: all of the photocopies should be self-attested.
How to check the new address is updated in the SBI account
You can check your new updated address through SBI internet banking –
- Log in to your account using an internet banking user id and password.
- Go to the account statement and select the account number.
- Now select the statement period and click on proceed.
- You can see your account details with the newly updated Address on the next screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Change/Update My Address Online Without visiting The Bank:
No, It is a very controversial topic. Many websites mentioned that you could change your SBI bank Address via Netbanking but according to my personal experience changing the residential address is not possible by net banking. Visiting the Bank in Person is required to address the change process.
2. How do I change my address in the passbook?
You have to write an application to the Branch Manager for changing your old address printed in your passbook with the new address. Attach the self-attested photocopies of the KYC documents as required.
3. Can I change My SBI Bank Address via post?
Yes, changing the Residential address via email is possible. You can email the required documents from your registered email id and attach a copy of self-attested KYC documents to the SBI contact email.
4. Can I request for changing my address via Letter?
Yes, You have to write a letter to the SBI home branch for changing your current address along with self-attested documents containing your current address. Your address will be changed after verification.
This is the article on how to change the residential address in SBI Bank. We explain the process step by step on How To Change Address In SBI Bank and mentioned some important questions that other people ask. However, if you have any doubts about anything, ask in the comment section; we will love to answer them.