Yes Bank is one of the major private sector banks in India. Yes bank was founded in 2004 by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapoor. Yes Bank primarily functions as a corporate bank with retail banking and asset management as a subsidiary business. Most of the yes bank customers are completely satisfied with the facilities that the bank has provided to them. One of these facilities is that you can change your mobile number registered in your account online. In this article, we will cover how to change the mobile number on a yes bank account, so if you want to learn more, keep reading.
If you have a yes bank account, you can change the registered mobile number online using internet banking or physically at an ATM. In this article, we will be explaining that how you can change your registered mobile number using internet banking. If you do not have internet banking, you can change the mobile number of your Yes Bank account by visiting the nearest Yes Bank Home Branch.
I’ll get straight to the point now, you can change your Yes Bank account number in two ways! Here they are:
- You can update your Yes Bank mobile number at the ATM.
- You can change your Yes Bank account mobile number online using Internet Banking
- You can change your Yes Bank account mobile number offline at the Yes Bank Home Branch.
Table of Contents
How to Change Yes Bank Account Mobile Number Online?
If you already have a mobile number registered with your bank account and you wish to change the mobile number to a new mobile number since your old mobile number is lost, then you have arrived at the right place. In this article, we share with your the process to change Yes Bank Account Mobile Number Online.
Changing the Yes Bank Account Mobile Number Online can be done online if you have an alternate mobile number. If you wish to change your mobile number online in your yes bank account, follow these steps carefully:
- If you want to change your mobile number in your Yes Bank account, visit https://www.yesbank.in and log in with your login credentials.
- When you reach your Yes Bank dashboard after logging in, select the service request option at the top of the page.
- You will see a list of options. Click on Change Mobile Number.
- To authenticate the process, you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number (old one).
- Enter the OTP in the given box to validate the request to Change Mobile Number. When the request validation is complete, you will see a box where you can enter the new mobile number.
- After you enter the new mobile number, you will receive another OTP after you submit it. This time, you will receive the OTP on your newly registered mobile number to verify the New Mobile Number.
- Complete the validation by entering the OTP in its place.
- As soon as the OTP is validated, the request for a Change of Mobile Number in your Yes Bank account will be submitted and processed.
Most likely, yes bank will update your mobile number instantly. However, it may sometimes take a few minutes/hours (depending on the bank’s server). Following this, you will receive all notifications and banking-related messages to your newly registered mobile number.
How to change your Yes Bank account mobile number at the ATM?
If you wish to change the mobile number for your Yes Bank account using an ATM, follow the steps given below.
- First, visit the nearest ATM and insert your ATM card into the machine.
- You need to select the “Registration” option from the menu displayed.
- Next, enter your ATM PIN by using the number pad provided in the ATM machine to enter your ATM PIN.
- Choose “Mobile Number Registration” option. It will show you two options. Out of which you need to select “Change Mobile Number” option.
- On the next page, enter your New Mobile Number and confirm it.
Afterward, you will receive a confirmation message on both of the numbers. (your old Yes Bank mobile number and your new mobile number). Once you have received that, you will need to send a text message from both your mobile number and to the number below in the following format and send it to: 567676 from both of the mobile numbers.
ACTIVATE <OTP CODE> <REFERENCE CODE>
The SMS must be sent within four hours of receiving, else your mobile number will not be changed.
How to Update/ Change your Registered Mobile Number in Yes Bank?
You can change your Yes Bank Registered Mobile Number by following these steps:
Visit the branch of Yes Bank where you maintain your account
Please visit the Yes Bank Home Branch along with the necessary documents, including a copy of your latest telephone bill, Aadhaar card, passport, etc.
Fill out the KYC Details Change form
For changing the registered mobile number, meet with your Relationship Manager or bank Executive and obtain the yes bank mobile number change form.
Complete the yes bank mobile number change form
Complete the KYC Details Change Form as thoroughly as possible. The following details should be included:
- Information about your bank account, such as the account number, the name of the account holder, and the type of account.
- Please indicate the details that you wish to change, such as a change of your registered mobile number in this case
- Enter your new mobile number in the space provided
- Sign on the places mentioned.
Please submit the KYC Details Change form along with the necessary documents
Your KYC Details Change form along with your Proof of Address (if required) should be submitted to your bank’s executive.
Request an “acknowledgment receipt” of your request
Your form, signature, and other details will be verified by a Bank Executive. After checking your completed form, he will send you a response acknowledging your request.
Processing of your request to change your registered mobile number
Yes Bank will update your registered mobile number in your account and in your bank records once it has validated your information.
Verify with the bank that your registered number has changed
Bank will notify you either through SMS on your new mobile number or via email about changing your registered mobile number within a few hours. Contact your branch if you did not receive an intimation.
How to change your mobile number in Yes bank if you have lost your old number?
When your mobile number is lost, you cannot register a new number in yes bank online as it requires your old number. If this happens, you can visit your Yes bank branch and ask for help.
There is a possibility that you will have to speak with the branch manager about the situation.
After that, you must fill out the form provided by the bank and submit it with all required information, such as account number, old number, and new number, along with your signature.
Your new number will be registered in Yes Bank within a few hours, and you can use this number for any online banking facility.
So this is the complete process to Change Yes Bank Account Mobile Number Online. If you face any issues while changing the mobile number, you can call Yes Customer service’s toll-free number 1800 1200.
That’s all on “How to Register / Change Mobile Number in Yes Bank“. If you have any suggestions, feel free to provide your feedback in the comments.