DCB Bank is one of the largest privately-owned banks in the country. It was founded in 1930 by the Dhirubhai Chimanbhai Patel Group. One of its subsidiaries, DCB Kisan Saver, has been ranked as the best Savings Account of 2018 by MoneyControl. The bank is also known for its innovation and for being at the forefront of several financial products such as mobile banking, mobile wallet and contactless payments. If you’re looking for a new bank, DCB Bank could be a good option. But if you’ve had an account at DCB Bank for some time now and want to close your DCB bank account, we’re here to help you! We’ve put together this short tutorial on How To Close DCB Bank Account in just minutes. Let’s get started!
The bank offers an online account opening facility for all customers irrespective of their location and has various products to suit customers with different needs.
DCB Bank Limited, originally Development Credit Bank, is the new generation’s Indian private sector bank. DCB Bank, a scheduled commercial bank regulated by the Reserve Bank of India, was founded in the 1930s. The bank has a robust network of 55 branches across 17 States and two trade union territories and is regulated and administered professionally.
It is often noticed that if a bank account is opened, it hardly shuts, and the account stays open for a long time with the bank. However, significantly fewer people think about closing a bank account once opened & if you are using it, it adds up to different complications during ITR filing etc. So if you aren’t using your DCB account actively, it will be better for you if you close your dcb account. So In this tutorial, we’re going to show you how to close a DCB Bank Account online.
Table of Contents
How Can I Close A Bank Account in DCB Bank?
Whenever someone closes a bank account, there is a reason for it, and it can be:
- Bank’s unsatisfactory Customer Service
- Inadequate response and relationship of the Bank Staff
- Customer Having Multiple Bank Accounts
- The bank is not implementing Online Services properly
- Higher Fees or Charges on Financial Transactions
You may want to know how to close a DCB bank account to close your dcb bank current account. It may appear complicated, but closing your account is simple; you need to follow the instructions below.
|Article||DCB Bank Account Closing Form|
|Beneficiary||DCB Bank Customers|
|Form PDF Download||Download Here|
How to Close DCB Bank Account Online
You cannot close your DCB bank account online, but luckily you don’t need to visit your home branch – you can download the DCB Bank Account closure form here and submit it at a nearby DCB branch instead to close your account permanently.
Steps to Close DCB Bank Account
If you own a current account with DCB bank and want to learn how to close it, then the steps are as follows:
- Account Closure Form: The first step in closing your bank account is to get DCB bank Account Closure Form. One can either download it from the bank’s website or our page or go to your local branch to collect an account closure form.
- Fill up the Account Closure Form: next, you have to fill all the details in the account closure form correctly. Double-check after filling the form that all the details are entered correctly. Put your sign on the correct place and after completing the form, submit it to the branch manager or the DCB bank officer-in-charge. Please keep in mind that if your account has any joint holders, they must all sign the account closure form.
- Attach your KYC Documents to the Closure Form: All account holders must attach a copy of their KYC documents, including a copy of their PAN (which also serves as evidence of identity) and address proof with the account closure form. These documents may also be required to be self-attested by the account holders.
- Submission Of Balance Cheque Leaves and Passbook: If you have any balance cheque leaves or a Passbook, you must submit them. Only once you’ve relinquished all of these items will your account closure application get processed.
- Withdraw/Transfer the Balance in your Bank Account: The bank checks the documents you’ve submitted, and if the documents submitted are correct, you’ll be requested to withdraw the remaining sum from your account. You have the option of withdrawing cash, the bank issue a check/DD in your name, or will get the money transferred to another account.
If you follow the procedures above, you will close the DCB bank account without any difficulty. After your account is terminated, banks usually send you an email or SMS to your registered email address and mobile number.
Important note: Many people search about how to close a DCB bank account online, but sadly, they do not find a way to do it online even after so many searches. Unfortunately, it is not possible to close your account online. But you can download the account closure form online. After downloading the form, get a printout and fill in the details. Here is the link to download the DCB bank closure form
DCB Bank Account Closure Form PDF Download
To close an account at DCB Bank, use the DCB Bank Account Closer Form in PDF format. In the PDF form, you will find the necessary information and instructions for closing an account with DCB Bank.
It’s a one-page form that includes all the information that you need, in addition to instructions on how to fill it in. Account closure requires a few key pieces of information from the customer, such as their name and address, bank account number, customer ID, date of birth, etc. After providing this information, they must sign the form and send it to the nearest branch office via email or fax or mail it in with all necessary attachments.
Major Points about Closing DCB Bank Account
- To close your account, go to the bank branch where you first opened it.
- Banks typically do not allow you to reopen a closed account, so only close it if you are sure you won’t need it in the future.
- One should retain a soft copy or printout of the entire bank statement (from account opening to account closing).
- Before terminating your Current Account, cancel your automated payment instructions.
- Before terminating an account, all outstanding dues or charges must first be paid.
If you hold a bank account in IndusInd Bank, Bandhan Bank, ICICI Bank, or Kotak Mahindra and want to know how to close your bank account follow the links. (how to close DCB bank account)
Application Letter for Closing of A DCB Account
Below given is the application format for closing your bank account. You can copy the application format and fill in the details accordingly. Also, you can attach your KYC details along with it. If you have an ATM card or a chequebook, please attach them as well.
To, The Branch Manager DCB Bank (Branch Name) Bhopal, MP. Subject: Request to Close DCB Bank Account No.xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx. Sir/Madam, Mr./Miss XYZ, residing at [address], has a DCB Bank bank account number xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx. I'm writing today because I'd like to close the account with the account mentioned above number. I am closing the bank account as I cannot utilize it because I have created a new account with another bank. I have already transferred all my funds from the old account to my new account, with only the minimum balance remaining. And I am willing to close this DCB bank account, and I would appreciate it if you could fulfill my request and close this bank account as soon as possible. Thanking You Yours Faithfully, (Name and Signature with Date) Account No.- xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
Video Guide To Close DCB Bank Account Online
DCB Bank Helpline For Account Closing
For Resident Indians, contact the bank helpline between IST 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Phone: 022 6899 7777 or 040 6815 7777
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email for Demat account queries: email@example.com
- Email for Loan account queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters to be addressed to DCB Bank Limited, P.O. Box No. 7643, Malad (West), Mumbai 400064, India
FAQs On How To Close DCB Bank Account
What is the minimum balance in DCB Bank?
How to check my account balance in DCB?
How do I close my DCB account online?
How long does it take to close the DCB bank account?
What is proof of DCB bank account closure?
Today’s post is about “How to Close DCB Bank Account.” Here we have explained all you need to know about closing your DCB Bank account. If you hold any questions regarding any points, please post them in the comments section, and we will gladly respond. For more information, you can also contact DCB Bank’s customer support department.
4 thoughts on “How To Close DCB Bank Account Online”
Axis BANKIT. Colag
Bank me jane ke baad bol rahe ke dcb bank account close ek saal baad huga kya kre
esa kuch nhi hai ki dcb bank ka account sirf ek saal baad close hopayega. ek baar call karke customer care se baat kare