How to Close ICICI Bank Account Online
ICICI Bank (आईसीआईसीआई बैंक) is a private bank based in India that offers financial services. The bank’s headquarters are in Mumbai and a private bank. ICICI Bank requires a balance of Rs 10,000 in a conventional saving account at an urban branch. Furthermore, if the minimum balance is not maintained, the bank will charge you for it; you can close your ICICI bank account online by downloading the ICICI bank account closure form. Unfortunately, some people are unaware that a minimum balance is required, and as a result, they lose money. Therefore, it is better to close the account to avoid further penalties. Here’s how to close the ICICI bank account online.
|Article||ICICI Bank Account Closing Form|
|Beneficiary||ICICI Bank Customers|
|Form PDF Download||Download Here|
Important Note: While it is not available online to close an ICICI bank account online, one can download an ICICI account closure form from the official website, and then you can proceed.
Table of Contents
- How to Close ICICI Bank Account Online
- The process to Close ICICI Bank Account Online
- How to close ICICI Bank Salary Account
- How I can close ICICI Direct Demat account online.
- Steps to close ICICI Direct Demat Account
- How To Close My ICICI Bank Account Online?
- Can I Close My ICICI Bank Account Online?
- Are There Any Charges For Closing The ICICI Bank Account?
- Can I Close My ICICI Bank Account In Any Branch?
- What Is The Minimum Balance In The ICICI Bank Account?
- What Will Happens If I Close A Bank Account With Money In It?
How to Close ICICI Bank Account Online
Unfortunately, one can’t close the ICICI Bank Account Online However, to close the ICICI bank account, there’s no need to visit the home branch. Instead, you can download the account closure form online below and visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch to close your ICICI Account online.
The process to Close ICICI Bank Account Online
The first step is to withdraw all funds from the ICICI bank. You can do this online by going to the net banking website and transferring funds from your ICICI account to another bank account. One can even do this with your mobile phone net banking.
- After transferring all of the funds from your bank account, keep a copy of your debit card, the first and last cheques in your chequebook, your account number, and make sure you have the customer ID with you.
- It will be best practice if you visit the nearest ICICI branch as you can obtain all the required information as well. Obtain an account closure form, or one can download the ICICI bank account closure form online.
- Fill out the form and double-check your entered details.
- You can skip the information about the balance amount because you have already transferred the funds from the bank.
- Submit the paperwork together with the chequebook, debit card, and proof of identification.
- You may keep your passbook after bank officials have canceled it.
- Don’t forget to get the bank’s acknowledgment slip. Following that, the ICICI bank account will be closed within the next ten working days.
The above mentioned is the process to close the ICICI Bank account. If you run into any problems, please call the toll-free customer service line at 1800 102 4242 and ask for assistance with your problem. Alternatively, if the problem is not being handled for you, you can file a complaint.
You can also check How to close an HDFC bank account online.
How to close ICICI Bank Salary Account
To close an ICICI Bank NRI account online, follow these steps:
- Download the ‘Request for Closure of a Savings Bank Account for an NRI’ form.
- Print it, fill in all the requested details, and sign it.
- Attach a photocopy of a valid passport that has been self-attested.
- Send the form to the ICICI Bank office in Mumbai.
- This request will disconnect the NRI Trading and Demat Accounts from the NRI Bank Account.
- If the account is inactive or dormant, it must be activated before it may be closed.
- The proceeds from the closure of an NRO Savings account cannot be transferred to an NRE or any other third-party account.
How I can close ICICI Direct Demat account online.
It is not permissible to close an ICICI Direct Demat account online. To close your Demat account, you must fill out a form and submit it to the firm. There are no fees associated with closing the account. However, the account can take seven days to get close.
Steps to close ICICI Direct Demat Account
Print the Account Closure Form after downloading it. Alternatively, go to your nearest ICICI Bank branch and request an Account Closure Form.
- Fill in the details in the account closure form and attach all required papers, such as a copy of the ledger and also the unused DP slips.
- Return the form to the branch office.
- You will receive an SMS with an account closure request number on your mobile phone.
- The account may be closed in up to two working days. As the account gets closed, you will receive a confirmation SMS.
How To Close My ICICI Bank Account Online?
Bring an ID card with you to the bank if the bank executive requests verification.
Can I Close My ICICI Bank Account Online?
Are There Any Charges For Closing The ICICI Bank Account?
Can I Close My ICICI Bank Account In Any Branch?
What Is The Minimum Balance In The ICICI Bank Account?
What Will Happens If I Close A Bank Account With Money In It?
So this post was about “How to Close Your ICICI Bank Account.” We will explain all you need to know about closing your ICICI Bank account. However, if you have any queries about any of the points, please leave them in the comments section, and we will willingly answer them. You can also contact ICICI Bank customer service for further information.