ICICI Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ICICI Bank Limited, a Mumbai-based Indian bank. ICICI operates in 14 countries throughout the world. The ICICI bank provides a comprehensive range of financial services in Canada, including personal, commercial, corporate, investment, treasury, and trade banking. This article tells you ‘How to Close ICICI Bank Canada Account.’
Continue reading if you have a bank account in Canada and wish to close it. You can close an ICICI bank account in Canada for any reason. For example, people might fail to move to the country, or students who live there after finishing their degrees return to their home countries. There is no requirement for a foreign national bank account in such conditions.
Unfortunately, when talking about an Indian Bank account, it is impossible to close an account without visiting the bank account. But in the case of an ICICI Bank account in Canada, the customer can ask for a return of funds. The bank will automatically close the customer hello Canada code after the refund process. To get a better understanding, keep reading.
Table of Contents
How To Close ICICI Bank Account Online in Canada
The ICICI Bank will repay the available balance in your Hello Canada Account if you cancel your moving arrangements and demand a refund.
To get a refund, follow these simple steps:
- Get the refund application form: Get the refund application form from the ICICI Bank Canada website or download it through our post. The applicant may request a refund by completing this Refund Application and providing supporting documentation. You can attach the documentation mentioning (i) The application for a visa/study permit has been denied/cancelled. (ii) The application for admission to a Canadian educational institution was denied. (iii) Admission to the Canadian Educational Institution has been withdrawn by the applicant.
- Fill out an application: Fill in the details carefully. The customer will receive your refund within six weeks after processing your request.
- Return of funds: The return of funds will only be initiated to the account from which money was formerly received.
- The ICICI Canada bank will close the customer’s Hello Canada Account after successfully processing the customer refund request without accepting or processing further transactions.
Important: To close your hello Canada account, you have first to file a refund application form. This refund application form is readily available online, or you can download it here—Refund Application Form.
Process of Return of funds application submission
To submit the return of funds application to close the ICICI bank account in Canada. You have to first log into ICICI Bank Canada Secure Email Service.
The subject line must affirm ‘ICICI SGP – Full Name (First name and/Last name) – Passport Number – Refund Request.’
You authorize ICICI Bank Canada to close the Investment Account and the GIC and refund the money to the specified bank account with this mail.
Instructions for Completing this Application Form PDF Download
- You can go to the Refund Application Form from here.
- The fillable PDF form; please fill out all of the blanks in ‘TYPE’ format.
- Make sure that all of the information provided is correct.
- Fill out the form completely and click the Validate button at the bottom.
- Print, Sign this form.
- While applying, the following supporting documents must be attached and submitted: (i)—refusal Letter (all pages) provided by Canadian Visa Authorities in India (ii). The Canadian visa office’s cancelled Visa/Study Permit in India is shown on the passport page. (iii). The applicant must sign a letter confirming that they have not applied for a Visa/Study Permit.
Read more about the ICICI bank account closure details here- Close ICICI Bank Account
Call Hello Canada Account 24-hour Customer Contact Centre:
- Canada and the U.S. customers, toll-free: 1-888-ICICI-CA (1-888-424-2422)
- For Indian customers, toll-free: 1-800-200-3340
- Philippines, toll-free: 180011102974
- South China, toll-free: 108001402844
- Vietnam, toll-free: 12280928
- Elsewhere, call collect: 1-416-847-7979
Today’s post is about “How to Close ICICI Bank Account Online in Canada.” Here we have explained all you need to know about closing your ICICI Bank account in Canada. If you hold any questions regarding any points, post them in the comments section, and we will gladly respond.