Having the least number of bank accounts is beneficial while having too many bank accounts might be problematic because you must meet the minimum balance criteria for each of them. As a result, it is prudent to close bank accounts that are no longer actively utilized. If you are one from those who have an undesired extra bank account, you should close it. This article will explain to you about How to close Indian Bank Account Online.
|Article||Indian Bank Account Closing Process|
|Beneficiary||Indian Bank Customers|
Here are a few actions you may take to close your bank account. But, before you do so, remember to delink your bank account from any payment platforms or service applications such as Paytm, Uber, Zomato, and so on.
Important: Your bank account cannot be closed online. You must visit your Indian bank home branch where the account has been opened and request to close your account.
Table of Contents
- How to close Indian Bank Account Online?
- The minimum amount in Indian Bank Account
- Application Format To Close Indian Bank Account
- Close Indian Bank Account Via Customer Care Number
- Indian Bank Helpline
How to close Indian Bank Account Online?
Using the steps given below, you can close Indian bank account both saving and current account. If you are interested to know the procedure followed the steps given below:
- To close Indian bank account, a customer-first get the account closure form. Then, get the account closure form online from the Indian Bank website, or manually get it from the nearby Indian bank branch.
- Fill in the details requested in the account closure form correctly. These details may include name, date of birth, account number, Address, a reason to close bank account, etc. Last, enter the date and put your signature on the form. If you have any joint account holders, they also need to sign this form.
- This account closure form will get submitted to the home branch of the Indian bank. Along with this account closure form, do not forget to submit your KYC documents like your PAN card or Aadhaar card. The KYC document will serve as your identity proof and address proof. And these documents also have to be self-attested.
- When submitting the account closing form and KYC documents to the bank, the customer should also submit balance cheque leaves, debit card, and the passbook.
- It is also essential to withdraw the balance from your savings or current account before closing the bank account. After you submit the account closure form or the application to close Indian bank account, the bank will verify the documents and ask you to withdraw the remaining sum from the respective bank account. You can either get retirement in cash, write a cheque/DD, or transfer the funds to another account.
The minimum amount in Indian Bank Account
Below given are the details for the minimum balance in Indian bank account
|Amount for non-cheque operation||Rs.250/-|
Pensioners and bonafide students may have a lesser minimum balance.
Application Format To Close Indian Bank Account
Use the below give an application format in case if you want to close Indian Bank Account. Ensure the details entered in the application are accurate; this format can be used to close bank accounts from any bank.
To, The Branch Manager Branch Name Address of the Branch Subject: Application to close Indian bank account. Dear Sir/Madam, My savings account / current account no is XXXXXXXXX. Currently, I am not able to continue/use this bank account anymore. Therefore, I request you to close the account and credit the amount by cash or via DD. Thanking you, [Name] [Signature] [Address]
Close Indian Bank Account Via Customer Care Number
This process requires you to call the bank and tell them of your intent to close Indian bank account. The bank’s customer service helpline number is 1800 4250 0000. Then, request the customer support agent for account closure, they will escalate, and you will get notified with details. Remember that for this possibility, you must have zero balance in your bank account.
Get more details related to Indian Bank Account. Click here
Indian Bank Helpline
In case of any Indian Bank related query or help, you can directly connect with the Indian bank National Toll-Free Number 1800 4250 0000
Keep these things in mind, and don’t allow unused bank accounts to sit dormant since there’s no use in overburdening yourself with information and statements from too many banks. Close bank accounts that are no longer useful to your financial life. So, this was all about how to close Indian bank account online; if you have any more issues, you can shoot them in the comment section, and we will be glad to respond.