Banks function as per the rules prescribed through the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). If you are not filled with the banking services provided, you can close your bank account with a particular bank. Some banks rate for the duration of account closure, and some may not. The country’s biggest lender SBI has recently waived off the account closing costs. However, you can not close an SBI bank account online. The customer needs to visit their SBI home branch where they opened the account to close SBI Bank Account. In this post, we will lead you about ‘how to close an SBI bank account without visiting the bank or how to close SBI bank account online.’
|Article||SBI Bank Account Closing Form|
|Beneficiary||SBI Bank Customers|
|Form PDF Download||Download Here|
Table of Contents
- Things to Remember When Closing SBI Bank account
- How to Close SBI Bank Account Online
- How to Close State Bank of India Account
- What Is SBI Bank Account Closing Charge
- Application to close SBI Bank Account.
- Download SBI Account Closure Form PDF Format
Things to Remember When Closing SBI Bank account
Before deciding to close your SBI bank account, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- SBI Bank won’t allow you to reopen your bank account once you close your account with SBI.
- Another essential thing to remember before closing your state bank of India account is to make your Bank account balance to 0 (zero).
- Please make sure that you clear all the pending dues with the bank before closing your SBI account.
How to Close SBI Bank Account Online
Sadly, it is not possible to close an SBI bank account online or without visiting the bank branch. Therefore, the only step you can do while sitting at home to close your bank account is to download the SBI account closure form.
How to Close State Bank of India Account
Here is the complete step-by-step process you need to follow to close your SBI bank account. However, You can also get this form manually from the nearby SBI branch. Follow the steps given below to know the complete process:
- Get the account closure form: get the account closure form from the nearby SBI bank branch; the bank executive will give you the Account Closure Request Form or CDSL. or download the SBI account closure form online. Click here to download the SBI account closure form.
- Fill the SBI account closure form: fill in the requested details in the account closure form. You may also be asked to write the reason for closing the account in the form.
- Withdraw the account balance: it gives you the option (Cash, Cheque, DD) to select how you want to transfer the remaining money in your bank account to other accounts. Mark your option in the form.
- Submit chequebook, passbook, and debit card: When closing an account with SBI bank, account holders should return their cheque book, and any remaining cheque leaves to the corresponding bank branch. One should also hand over their passbook and debit card used to withdraw money from ATMs or at POS and so on.
- KYC Document Submission: Before terminating your SBI account, some SBI branches may request ID and address verification. Please provide the same to ensure that you are the same account holder. Following the account termination, you will receive an email and an SMS on your registered email address and mobile number. If you have any problems closing your SBI account, please call the toll-free number 1800112211.
Note: The method of closing SBI Savings and SBI Salary is the same.
What Is SBI Bank Account Closing Charge
Some banks charge fees when an account is closed. This is to recoup the cost of various services incurred during the account opening process. This could include the cost of issuing a chequebook, Debit Cards, and so on. However, the State Bank of India recently removed account closing fees for accounts older than one year.
SBI does not impose any fees for closed accounts within 14 days of opening for any reason. However, if an SBI account gets closed between 15 days and one year, Rs 500 + GST is levied.
|Within 14 Days of Opening SBI Account||No Charges|
|After 14 Days up to 1 Year||Rs 500+GST|
|Closure of Regular SBI Savings Account||No Charges|
Application to close SBI Bank Account.
You can also approach the branch manager and request that your SBI bank account be closed. The format for closing your bank account is given below. Using the same format, submit your request to close your bank account to the official at the corresponding SBI bank branch.
To, The Branch Manager, SBI Bank (Branch Name) Indore (M.P) Subject: Close SBI bank account (Acc no: xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx) Respected Sir/Madam, This letter is a request to close my bank account with SBI bank, with Mr./Miss Name, [address], and account number xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx. I have opened a new bank account with another bank and transferred my funds to the new account. My account with the SBI bank is currently of no use. I would appreciate it if you can meet my request and close SBI bank account as soon as possible. Thanking You Yours Faithfully, (Name and Signature with Date) Account No.- xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
Download SBI Account Closure Form PDF Format
To close SBI Bank account, use the SBI Bank Account closure Form in PDF form. You will get the required information and directions for closing an account with SBI in the closure formant link. It’s available to download below in pdf format online.
Here’s a one-page form with the information you’ll need to fill out when closing the SBI bank account. You can also get directions and information on how to fill it out.
The account closure form requires a few necessary details from the customer, such as their name, date of birth, bank account number, address, customer ID, etc. After filling out the form, sign it and send it to the bank branch office with all appropriate attachments through email, fax, or mail. Also, you can take it to a nearby SBI branch and submit it there.
We have more posts on details related to the State Bank Of India Account. Check How To Fill SBI Deposit Slip/Withdrawal Slip | What Is SBI YONO App – YONO Full Form, Features | How To Reset SBI Debit Card PIN Online And Offline? and More.
SBI charges for account closing?
SBI (State Bank of India) does not impose account closing fees to account holders who cancel their bank accounts after one year. However, if the SBI account is closed within one year of its opening date, the account holder must continue to pay fees.
What is the bank account closing charge?
If you want to close a bank account, be aware of an early account closing cost. Banks have the ability to charge you an “early account closure” fee if you close your account before fulfilling the need to keep your account open for 60, 90, or 180 days.
Does the SBI account gets closed automatically?
According to the RBI’s standard, if a customer does not use their account for 12 consecutive months, banks will automatically render it inactive. More than 12 months of inactivity will result in the account becoming dormant.
What documents do I need to close a bank account?
To close a bank account, you must submit an ID verification document with your photos on it, such as a driver’s license or passport. Your bank may also require you to present a document including your account numbers, such as a bank statement or account card.
What will happen if the SBI account holder dies?
When an SBI joint account holder dies, the funds are distributed equally to all living account holders. In addition, SBI requests vital documents such as a succession certificate, will, and probate, as well as an order from the Administrative General attached to the High Court.
Can one close my SBI loan account online?
SBI made it simple by eliminating the need to visit the bank to end your loan account. Instead, you can close it online using your net banking account.
This post is about “How to Close SBI Bank Account online.” In this post we tried to explain all you need to know about closing your SBI Bank account. If any doubts, shoot them in the comments section, and we will willingly answer them. You can also contact SBI Bank customer service’s toll-free number 1800 425 3800 for more information.