Whether you are working in an organization or a registered company, you must have an EPF account. EPFO provides a 12 digit UAN number which is known as Universal Account Number. No matter you change your job or company, the UAN number remains the same. In our previous post, we’ve told about How To Recover Forgot UAN Number Online.
However, some users facing problems while login into the EPFO portal. So if you’re getting an error saying “UAN Password Not Available” even after entering the right username and password, follow the below steps to fix UAN Password Not Available Error. It hardly takes a minute or two to get rid of from UAN Password not available error.
Table of Contents
- Steps To Fix UAN password not Available Error
- What is my UAN number and password?
- Why does my UAN password expire?
- How often should I change my UAN password?
- What happens if I forget my UAN password?
- FAQ On UAN Password not Available
Steps To Fix UAN password not Available Error
- First of all, visit the official EPFO Website Login Page. https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Now enter your UAN number and click on the Forgot Password tab.
- Now enter your UAN number in the given field along with the captcha code and hit on the Submit button.
- After entering all the required details you will be redirected to a new page where you will see your UAN number and your registered mobile number’s first and last 2 digits.
- After that click on the Yes button to get a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
Note: Sometimes you will receive an error saying “Failed to send OTP. Please try again later”. This happens due to heavy traffic on the website. You will have to try again until it sends the OTP.
- After receiving the OTP just enter it in the given field and click on verify button.
- Once you successfully verified your number you will be able to change your password with a new password.
Note: Make sure to have 7 to 20 characters in your password. You should use at least 4 alphabets in both capital and small letters, 2 digits, and 1 special character in your password to make it secure and hard to crack.
- Type the New password and enter again the same in the Confirm Password section.
- Finally, hit the submit button and you will get a popup saying the password successfully changed.
- Now login in your EPFO account by entering your UAN number and the New password which you created in previous steps and click on the login button.
- Now you can see that you won’t get any UAN Password Not Available Error and you will be able to see all your information in the account.
What is my UAN number and password?
Your UAN number and password are a combination of a unique identification number and a password to identify you as a member of Employe Provident Fund, by govt of India.
These two pieces of information allow you to access EPF services online that you are entitled after retirement from services to as part of to the company.
Why does my UAN password expire?
1. You haven’t changed the password in a long time.
2. You have forgotten your password and don’t know how to reset it.
3. The computer has been idle for a long period of time and you have been inactive on EPF site for an extended period.
4. You may be logging into other systems with the same username or password as your UAN credentials, which will cause the expiration as well as locking out any other system where you use those credentials.
How often should I change my UAN password?
The answer to this question is not straightforward. It depends on what you are using your UAN for. If you are using it for your email, then the answer is once every 3 months. But if you are using it for something like logging into your bank account, then the answer is once every 6 months or more depending on whether or not the site’s security settings allow frequent changes.
What happens if I forget my UAN password?
It might seem hard to remember your UAN password, but there are a few tips that can help.
- Visit the EPF online portal here.
- On the homepage, click on ‘Forgot Password’ on the right side.
- On the next page that opens, enter your UAN and Captcha and Click on ‘Submit’
- Now, enter your UAN once again followed by your registered mobile number and Click on ‘Yes’
FAQ On UAN Password not Available
Why is UAN showing invalid?
Your UAN needs to be activated before login. It is showing invalid because you haven’t activated it. You can do so by following below steps-
In the Login Screen of the unified portal, there is a link ‘Activate UAN.’ Enter all the details like Aadhaar or PAN, Name, DOB, Mobile Number, etc., in the form and submit. You will receive the OTP on your mobile, and after successful verification of OTP, you have to set the password for your UAN. After this process is complete, you can log in to the portal.
How can I log in to my PF account with a UAN number?
Step 1: Log in to the EPFO Portal/UAN Member Portal,
Step 2: Click on “For employees,” and then click on ‘UAN Member e-Sewa Portal.”
Step 3: Enter Universal Account Number and password to log in to the portal.
Step 4: Enter the captcha and click on Sign In.
How can I check the UAN activation status?
1- Go to UAN official website
2- Select the link Know Your UAN Status.
3- Here, you can choose to enter either the Aadhar, PAN, PF number, or Member ID.
4- After entering, you need to fill in your personal details like name, date of birth, mobile number, and captcha code.
5- Click on the button Get Authorization Pin.
6- You will receive a PIN to your registered mobile number. Enter the PIN received and click on the ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’ button.
7- Now, the page will display a message that Your UAN number and status will be sent to your registered mobile number.
How can I recover my UAN password?
1) Go to the EPFO website at UAN:
2) Click on Forgot Password.
3) Enter your UAN number and Captcha. …
4) The mobile number mapped to your UAN will be shown. …
5) Click on Get Authorized Pin.
6) Enter the OTP Pin at entering Authorization Pin.
7) Enter the New Password
8) Confirm the New Password.
9) Click on the Submit button.
How can I get UAN password?
If UAN is already activated and you don’t remember the password, you can reset it using the above-mentioned method.
So this is the way to get rid of the “Error! UAN Password not Available.” error. Usually, you can solve this error by changing your password. So in the future, if you get the same error, simply change your password, and you’re good to go.