EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization) makes our lives easier by letting us view all our PF details from previous and current companies in one place. You need a unique 12-digit number to access the EPFO portal. It is also known as the UAN number. The UAN number is allotted to all government and private employees. Your UAN number remains the same if you change jobs within the same company or from one company to another. The UAN number remains the same for you, and it can’t be changed. You can easily reset your UAN number online if you have forgotten it. Here are some ways to recover forgotten UAN numbers online.
How To Recover UAN Number
The easiest way to recover UAN numbers is by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 or by using the “know your UAN option” on the UAN portal, contacting your HR department, or checking your payslips.
If you cannot find your forgotten UAN by missed call, you can find it online on the UAN member portal.
Table of Contents
- How To Recover UAN Number
- Ways To Recover Forgot UAN Number Online
- Steps To Recover Forgot Universal Account Number (UAN) Online
- Other Working Ways To Recover The Forgotten UAN Number
Ways To Recover Forgot UAN Number Online
- The first thing you can do is to contact HR of your company to know about your UAN as most of the employer have the employee UAN number details.
- Secondly, you can check your payslips for the UAN number.
- Lastly, you can miss call on 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number and in a minute you will get your UAN number through SMS.
On EPFO’s official website, you can recover the UAN number. Then, you need to activate your account by providing all the account details. Here’s a step-by-step guide for the same.
Steps To Recover Forgot Universal Account Number (UAN) Online
- First of all, visit the official EPFO website and click on Know Your UAN number.
2. Now, enter your ten digits mobile number that is linked with your EPFO account.
3. Now verify your mobile number with OTP and click on Submit tab.
4. After that, your need to enter your Name, Date of Birth. In the next section, choose anyone from Aadhaar, PAN Card, or Member ID. After entering all the required, click on Show Mu UAN.
5. That’s It! You have successfully recovered your UAN number, and a popup will come on your screen along with your UAN number. Just take a screenshot or write it down anywhere for future reference.
Other Working Ways To Recover The Forgotten UAN Number
Give a Missed Call On 01122901406
All you need to do is give a missed call on 01122901406, and you will instantly receive an SMS from EPFO along with your UAN number.
Send an SMS To 7738299899
Open the Message app on your device and type EPFOHO UAN ENG and send it to 7738299899. Make sure you have working validity and balance in your Sim card; otherwise, the message will not go to the sender. After sending the SMS within the next 1-3 minute, you will receive a message along with your UAN number.
Find UAN with PAN Card, Aadhar Number, PF Number
- Visit UAN Member Portal and click on Know your UAN tab.
- Now verify your number with OTP and after that, you will be asked to enter anyone details from PAN, Aadhaar, and Member ID.
- Simply enter the required details and you will get your UAN number.
Find UAN Through Payslip
Most of the payslip comes with details such as PF Number, ESI number, and UAN Number. So you can check your payslip for the same. For example, if you got the UAN number, you can follow the above methods to know your UAN number.
How To Get UAN Number If I Don’t Have access to the registered mobile number?
All the above methods require a mobile number to get your UAN number. If you don’t have access to your registered mobile number, you can contact your employer or visit your nearby PF office in-person to know your UAN number. Make sure to take essential documents with you at that time.
So it was the post about How to recover a forgotten UAN number online. I mentioned all the working ways that will help you to know your UAN number quickly. Apart from this, if you have any other queries or doubts, please ask us in the comment section, and we would love to answer them.