Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) makes our life by allowing us to view all the PF related details of both previous and current companies in a single online platform. You can access the portal with your Universal Account Number (UAN). UAN number is allotted to both government and private employees. A UAN number contains 12 digits. If you forgot your UAN number then you can reset it online easily.
The UAN number remains the same no matter you’re working in the same company or change your job from one company to another. One UAN number remains the same for you and it can’t be changed. Below are some of the ways to recover forgot UAN number online.
Table of Contents
- Ways To Recover Forgot UAN Number Online
- Steps To Recover Forgot Universal Account Number (UAN) Online
- Other Working Ways To Recover The Forgotten UAN Number
Ways To Recover Forgot UAN Number Online
- The first thing you can do is to contact HR of your company to know about your UAN as most of the employer have the employee UAN number details.
- Secondly, you can check your payslips for the UAN number.
- Lastly, you can miss call on 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number and in a minute you will get your UAN number through SMS.
On EPFO official website you can recover the UAN number. You just need to activate your account by providing all the account details. Here’s a step by step guide for the same.
Steps To Recover Forgot Universal Account Number (UAN) Online
- First of all, visit the official EPFO website and click on Know Your UAN number.
2. Now enter your 10 digit mobile number that is linked with your EPFO account.
3. Now verify your mobile number with OTP and click on Submit tab.
4. After that your need to enter your Name, Date of Birth. In the next section choose any one from Aadhaar, PAN Card, or Member ID. After entering all the required details simply click on Show Mu UAN.
5. That’s It! You have successfully recovered your UAN number and a popup will come on your screen along with your UAN number. Just take a screenshot or write it down anywhere for future reference.
Other Working Ways To Recover The Forgotten UAN Number
1. Give a Missed Call On 01122901406
All you need to do is simply give a missed call on 01122901406 and you will instantly receive an SMS from EPFO along with your UAN number.
2. Send an SMS To 7738299899
Open Message app on your device and type EPFOHO UAN ENG and send it to 7738299899. Make sure you have working validity and balance in your Sim card otherwise message will not go to the sender. After sending the SMS within next 1-3 minute you will receive a message along with your UAN number.
4. Find UAN with PAN Card, Aadhar Number, PF Number
- Visit UAN Member Portal and click on Know your UAN tab.
- Now verify your number with OTP and after that, you will be asked to enter anyone details from PAN, Aadhaar, and Member ID.
- Simply enter the required details and you will get your UAN number.
5. Find UAN Through Payslip
Most of the payslip comes with details such as PF Number, ESI number, and UAN Number. You can check your payslip for the same. If you got the UAN number there then you are good to go, if not then simply follow the above methods to know your UAN number.
How To Get UAN Number If I Don’t Have access to the registered mobile number?
All the above methods require a mobile number to get your UAN number and if you don’t have access to your registered mobile number then you can contact your employer for the same or visit your nearby PF office in-person to know your UAN number. Make sure to take basic documents with you at that time.
So it was the post about How to recover forgot UAN number online. I mentioned all the working ways that will help you to know your UAN number easily. Apart from this if you have any other queries or doubts then feel free to ask us in the comment section and we would love to answer it.