Everyone can now open a free savings account at the post office. In addition, you can open a savings bank account at the post office from the comfort of your own home. You can use this account to access all digital services, such as checking your account balance, receiving a short statement, and transferring funds, among others. This article will look at how to do a post office savings account balance check online and offline.
Customers can open a post office savings account online and offline with a minimum deposit balance of Rs 500. A % interest rate is now available on a post office savings account, up to a limit of Rs. 10,000 per year, the interest you earn is tax-free. This account can get used to access a variety of digital services, like monitoring your account balance, obtaining a short statement, and transferring funds, among others.
Table of Contents
Essential tips for doing post office savings account balance check
- A customer should have a registered mobile phone number linked with the post office saving account.
- The registered mobile number should be active to receive the one-time password (OTP) via SMS or call.
- CIF number
- DOB for mobile app registration.
Measures for post office savings account balance check via SMS
To find out your post office savings account balance, text ‘REGISTER‘ to 7738062873 from the phone number associated with your post office savings/current account.
Once the customer mobile number is registered for SMS with your post office account, you can check the amount of your post office savings account by texting ‘BAL’ to 7738062873. You can also send a mini statement of your account to 7738062873 by typing ‘MINI’ and submitting it.
Post office savings account balance check via missed call service.
Dial 8424046556 from your registered mobile number to register for missed call banking.
Once your mobile number has been successfully registered, make a missed call to the same number to do a post office savings account balance check and receive a short statement.
Steps to Post office savings account balance check via IPPB mobile app.
- Enter your account number, Customer ID (CIF)/Date of Birth, and registered mobile number into the IPPB mobile app on your phone.
- You receive a (one-time password) OTP on your registered mobile number, which you must confirm.
- Your registration will be successful if the OTP authentication is successful.
- To sign in to the app, you’ll need to create an MPIN.
- You may check the balance of your post office savings account under the dashboard area.
Steps to Post office savings account balance check via Phone banking.
- Follow the IVRS instructions by dialing 155299 from your registered mobile number.
- Select the language you want to hear next, followed by account information.
- Now, choose Get account balance, and you’ll be able to hear your account’s balance.
155299 is a toll-free number that can be used throughout India.
Steps to Post office savings account balance check via post office QR card.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the post office’s QR card.
- Your registered mobile number will immediately receive an OTP, which you must validate.
- Now enter the OVD authentication code, and you get the account balance successfully on your mobile phone.
Use UPI App for post office savings account balance check.
There is a need for an ATM card for this method.
- To begin, download any UPI app. On the Play Store/App Store, there are a plethora of UPI apps. For now, we will look at the PhonePe App.
- Now, sign up for the app using your phone number and ATM card information.
- After you’ve completed the registration, go to the home page and select Check Balance.
- You can check the Post office account balance query on your phone after entering the UPI PIN.
You can go through our website and read about all the different Bank Account details and more.
How to check my POSB account balance?
How to register my mobile number in a post office account?
Is it possible to access post office savings account online?
How to activate my post office online banking?
How to check my transaction history?
What is a post office savings account?
What to do if I forget my customer ID of the post office account?
What is the Internet Banking URL for DOP?
Can both login and transaction passwords be the same?
Back in time, it was complicated to check account balances. People had to visit the bank or post office for the account balance check or inquiry. However, with the help of the internet, mobile applications, and internet banking, banking has become easy. The article explains all the possible ways for a Post office savings account balance check. Furthermore, we have provided all the possible and convenient numbers with the help of checking your post office savings bank account balance. If you are still facing problems checking your post office savings account balance, comment on the query below, and we will try to help with the best we can.
6 thoughts on “Post office savings account balance check in 1 minute”
I am unable to check a bank account I found in my sons’ name as it is dated sept. 29th 1966 and I cannot trace it.
Please Send balance
my balance check
My balance in post office