While opening a new account in the State Bank of India, they usually offer a cheque book with ten leaves; If you have used all of the State Bank of India (SBI) cheque book and looking for an option to SBI request cheque book request online, you can easily make requests a new state bank of India chequebook through SMS or Online Banking.
State bank of India (SBI) allows its customers to order a new chequebook online through internet banking or SMS. In this post, I will first explain how to order an SBI cheque book request online process through internet banking, then will guide you through the process of Request SBI Cheque Book Through SMS; if you still fail to SBI cheque book request online in the steps as mentioned earlier, you can get the SBI chequebook by going to your bank branch and filling up the form.
Table of Contents
Prerequisites for SBI cheque book request online
There are certain things that you need to keep ready before requesting a new chequebook.
- You should have internet banking activated in SBI. if not activated follow this guide on how to Activate SBI Internet Banking
- You should remember your online banking user Id and password.
- You must have a mobile number registered in your SBI account & the number should be active with you during the process of SBI cheque book request online
- Your registered address must be correct. If not follow this article to change the address in the SBI account.
Methods to request cheque book online
You can apply for a new SBI cheque book online in two ways:
- Request SBI Cheque book through Internet Banking website
- Apply SBI Cheque book online using SBI Yono Lite mobile App. (sbi cheque book request through mobile)
SBI cheque book request online banking
Please follow these steps to apply for a new SBI chequebook online using internet banking.
- The first thing you need to do is open the online banking website of SBI on your smartphone or computer.
- After opening the website, you need to log in using your internet banking user Id and password.
- On doing this, you’ll notice the option of ‘Requests and Enquiries’ on the dashboard in the menu at the top. You’ll have to click on it.
- A new page will appear after doing this. You’ll need to select the ‘Cheque Book Request’ option from that page.
- After doing this, you’ll be taken to a new page where you’ll have to select the account number for which you want the chequebook.
- You’ll also have to choose the number of cheque leaves. After doing this, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A ‘One Time Password’ will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number.
- You need to enter this ‘One Time Password’ on the next page and then tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- You’ll be taken to a new page to ask you for your postal address. You will have the option to select the address registered with the bank or enter a new address if you have changed your place of residence. After selecting the address, you need to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On clicking the ‘Submit’ button, making a request will be completed. You will get a message on the screen displaying the same along with a reference number.
- Note down the reference number for future reference.
You can quickly request a chequebook with the help of online banking. You need to have your internet banking Id and password, registered mobile number, and address. One thing that you need to do is avoid making any errors while making the request. It will make sure that your application process is smooth.
How to request an SBI chequebook with SBI Yono App
You can also request a cheque-book with the help of the SBI YONO app; follow the steps given below:
- Make use of your user ID and password to log in to the SBI YONO application.
- Now choose the ‘quick links’ option and click on ‘Service request.’
- Click on ‘Cheques’ and then select the ‘Request Cheque Book’ option. Next, choose your State Bank of India Account number for which you want a chequebook.
- Decide the number of leaves in cheque-books and submit your request.
- Now the cheque-book will be sent to the address registered.
How to request an SBI cheque book request through SMS
If your mobile number is registered with an SBI account, you need to send an SMS to order the chequebook from your registered mobile number.
You have to register your bank account for the Quick Banking SMS-based facility.
- Go to Messages and type “REG<space>account number” and send it to 09223488888. (e.g., REG 30181234646).
Once the SMS is sent, the registered mobile number will receive a successful registration SMS. The next step is to request a new Chequebook by sending an SMS.
Now send an SMS in the given format:
- Go to the messaging app on your phone Type “CHQREQ,” and send it to 09223588888.
- Check SMS; you will receive an SMS for confirmation of your request.
- Send confirmation SMS to 09223588888. E.g., CHQACC Y 635663
- Cheque Book will get delivered to the registered address within ten days via courier. This is how customers of SBI will apply for Cheque book through SMS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Receive My Checkbook At My Registered Address?
How Long Will It Take For My Checkbook To Reach Me?
How Many Cheque Leaves Can I Get In A Checkbook?
How Long Is A SBI Cheque Book Valid?
Is It Possible To Request A Cheque Book Online From SBI?
Can I Request A New SBI Cheque Book By SMS?
Is It Possible To Get The SBI Cheque Book Offline?
Does SBI provide a free Cheque book?
How Can I Check My Cheque Book Status?
SBI account holders can easily make SBI chequebook requests online from their phone application or browser. If you have an SBI account, you can check the account summary and work on various services with net banking.
If you have concerns about requesting SBI chequebooks, please write down your questions in the comment section below.