While opening a new account in SBI they usually offer a cheque book with 10 leaves, If you have used all of the State Bank of India (SBI) cheque book and looking for an option to SBI request cheque book request online, you can easily make requests a new state bank of India chequebook through SMS or Online Banking.
State bank of India (SBI) bank allows its customers to order new checkbook online through internet banking or via SMS. In this post, I will first explain how to order an SBI cheque book request online process through internet banking, then will guide you through the process of Request SBI Cheque Book Through SMS, If you still fail to SBI cheque book request online in the above-mentioned steps, you can get the SBI checkbook by going to your bank branch and filling up the form.
Prerequisites for SBI cheque book request online
There are certain things that you need to keep ready before requesting a new checkbook.
- You should have internet banking activated in SBI. if not activated follow this guide on how to Activate SBI Internet Banking
- You should remember your online banking user Id and password.
- You must have a mobile number registered in your SBI account & the number should be active with you during the process of SBI cheque book request online
- Your registered address must be correct. If not follow this article to change the address in the SBI account.
Methods to request cheque book online
You can apply for a new SBI cheque book online in two ways:
- Request SBI Cheque book through Internet Banking website
- Apply SBI Cheque book online using SBI Yono Lite mobile App. (sbi cheque book request through mobile)
SBI cheque book request online banking
To apply for a new SBI checkbook online using internet banking please follow these steps one by one.
- The first thing you need to do is open the online banking website of SBI on your smartphone or computer.
- After opening the website, you need to log in using your internet banking user Id and password.
- On doing this, you’ll notice the option of ‘Requests and Enquiries’ on the dashboard in the menu at the top. You’ll have to click on it.
- A new page will appear after doing this. You’ll need to select the ‘Cheque Book Request’ option from that page.
- After doing this, you’ll be taken to a new page where you’ll have to select your account number for which you want the checkbook.
- You’ll also have to choose the number of cheque leaves. After doing this, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A ‘One Time Password’ will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number.
- You need to enter this ‘One Time Password’ on the next page and then tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- You’ll be taken to a new page to ask you for your postal address. You will have the option to select the address registered with the bank or enter a new address if you have changed your place of residence. After selecting the address, you need to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On clicking the ‘Submit’ button, making a request will be completed. You will get a message on the screen displaying the same along with a reference number.
- Note down the reference number for future reference.
You can quickly request a checkbook with the help of online banking. All that you need to have is your internet banking Id and password, registered mobile number, and address. One thing that you need to do is avoid making any errors while making the request. This will make sure that your application process is smooth.
How to request SBI cheque book with SBI Yono App
You can also request a cheque-book with the help of the SBI YONO app; follow the steps given below:
- Make use of your user ID and password to login to the SBI YONO application.
- Now choose the ‘quick links’ option and click on ‘Service request.’
- Click on ‘Cheques’ and then select the ‘Request Cheque Book’ option. Next, choose your State Bank of India Account number for which you want a cheque-book.
- Decide the number of leaves in cheque-books and submit your request.
- Now the cheque-book will be sent to the address registered.
How to request SBI cheque book through sms
If your mobile number is registered with an SBI account, you need to send an SMS to order the checkbook from your registered mobile number.
You have to register the bank account for the Quick Banking SMS-based facility.
- Go to Messages and type “REG<space>account number” and send it to 09223488888. (e.g., REG 30181234646).
Once the SMS is sent, the registered mobile number will receive a successful registration SMS. The next step is to request a new Chequebook by sending an SMS.
Now send SMS in the given format:
- Go to the messaging app on your phone and Type “CHQREQ,” and send it on 09223588888.
- Check SMS; you will receive an SMS for confirmation of your request.
- Send confirmation SMS to 09223588888. E.g., CHQACC Y 635663
- Cheque Book will get delivered to the registered address within ten days via courier. This is how customers of SBI will apply for Cheque book through SMS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I receive my checkbook at my registered address?
During making a request, you’ll be given the option to select the address. Then, you can either choose the address registered with the bank or enter a new address, in case you have changed your residence.
How long will it take for my checkbook to reach me?
Your checkbook will be dispatched within three days of receipt of the request by the bank. After that, the time taken will depend upon how remote your address is.
How many cheque leaves can I get in a checkbook?
You can get a checkbook with 25, 50, or 100 cheque leaves. You’ll get the option to select the number of leaves that you want while requesting a checkbook.
How long is a Cheque book valid?
For cheque books, there isn’t any validity. You can use the cheque leaves until it lasts. The cheque books generally do not expire, although the account holder has three months to submit the cheque for payment from the cheque issued to date.
Does the Cheque book expire at SBI?
No, The cheque book is valid till the last cheque is used.
Can I request a Cheque book online from SBI?
Yes, you can request a Cheque book online from SBI through the net banking facility.
How can I get an SBI Cheque book by SMS?
Yes, you can request an SBI Cheque book by SMS. Send a ‘CHQREQ’ message to 092235888888 to request a cheque book.
How do I request a Cheque book?
Visit the branch ATM near you, and request a new cheque book from there.
Without visiting the bank branch, you can apply for a new chequebook.
How can I check my SBI Cheque book?
Use internet banking and go to the retail section on your profile, and under the Request tab, select the cheque-book option. Now you have to choose the account for which you want a cheque-book. Next, you have to select the number of leaves you want in your cheque-book and then opt for the mode of delivery.
How can I get SBI Cheque book offline?
Visit the nearby SBI branch and contact your account manager. You will get a form you have to fill and submit. Fill in all the information carefully and make sure that the data is correct. As you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number. The successful confirmation will lead to the delivery of your cheque-book at your registered address.
Is Cheque book free in SBI?
There are no charges toward cheque-books for senior citizens and account holders with QAB of Rs 1 lakh or more. In case you need an emergency cheque-book with ten leaves, we will be charged Rs.50 excluding GST. These charges are the same for both current and saving account holders.
Can I get an SBI Cheque book same day?
Once you receive the confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number about a successful SBI cheque-book request, the SBI cheque-book will get delivered to your address within a week.
How can I check my Cheque book status?
Visit the online SBI website. Next, go to Enquires, then Cheque Status. Now you have to select the account for which you want to check the status. Select the single cheque option or, alternately, pick the Cheque Range option to check the group for a series of cheques. Now, enter the check number & click enquire.
What is a Cheque book request form?
With the help of a cheque-book request form, you can request a cheque-book. The form asks for your details, and users can describe their requirements, such as the number of leaves, the number of checkbooks, etc.
Which bank gives instant Cheque books?
Banks like India’s State bank provide you with the account number and the debit card in the opening 30 minutes. HDFC Bank issues the cheque book, the debit card, and the debit card and net banking passwords.
Can I get a Cheque book from any branch?
No, you cannot get a cheque book from any branch.
You can request a cheque-book without visiting the bank branch. You can go to the nearby ATM and request a cheque-book.
SBI account holders can easily make SBI cheque book requests online from your phone application or browser. If you have an SBI account, you can check the account summary and work on various services with net banking.
If you have concerns about the requesting SBI cheque-books, please write down your questions in the comment section below.