Every year, the Staff Selection Commission conducts a recruiting examination for the positions of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’. The SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria were recently released along with the SSC Stenographer exam Notification by the commission on its official website. Not only this, interested candidates can apply for the exam and download their SSC Stenographer Admit Card by visiting the official websites of SSC (www.ssc.nic.in).
Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 30 to apply for the Group C position, and between the ages of 18 and 27 to apply for the Group D post.
Let’s go over the educational requirement, nationality, age category, and other crucial SSC Stenographer Eligibility criteria 2023 data in depth.
Table of Contents
Academic Qualification for SSC Stenographer 2023
A minimum educational qualification of 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board or University is required for the position of SSC Stenographer.
All university degrees, including technical education degrees/diplomas obtained through Open and Distance Learning modes of study, are recognized for employment in Central Government offices and services. It is important to obtain approval from the Distance Education Bureau and the University Grants Commission.
Original documents, such as mark sheets and Provisional Certificates of Intermediate/Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary, will be required of all candidates.
Age Limit for SSC Stenographer 2023
According to the SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria, the age limit for candidates is stated below. Candidates in the OBC and SC/ST categories, on the other hand, are given relaxation.
- The maximum age for a candidate applying for Grade C stenographer is 30 years.
- The maximum age of a candidate applying for Grade D stenographer is 27 years.
- For kin of ex-servicemen, there will be no age relaxation.
The maximum age limit may be relaxed in the following circumstances for certain categories:
|Category||Age Relaxation/Upper Age Limit|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deducting military service from real age as of the closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defense personnel who were disabled as a result of hostilities with a foreign nation or in a troubled area and were relieved of their duty as a result||3 years|
|Defense personnel who were disabled as a result of conflicts with a foreign nation or in a disturbed area and were relieved of their duty as a result (SC / ST)||8 years|
|Candidates who lived in J&K from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989.||5 years|
- Candidates should be informed that the date of birth indicated on their matriculation / secondary examination certificate is the only one accepted by the Commission for evaluating an individual’s age eligibility and that requests for changes will not be taken into consideration.
- Ex-servicemen (ESM) are ineligible for reservation in the ESM category and the necessary fee concession if they have previously held regular work in either Group “C” or “D” postings following receipt of reservation benefits.
- Service that is classified as military service is referred to as “call-up service.”
- Sons, daughters, and dependents of former service members are not entitled to age relaxation. Therefore, these candidates shouldn’t declare themselves to be ex-servicemen.
Eligible Citizenship for SSC Stenographer
All prospective candidates must also be eligible based on their nationality. Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- A candidate must belong to one of the following nations or satisfy their citizenship criteria in one of these nations:
- The subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India, before the year 1962
- An individual of Indian descent who emigrated from nations such as Pakistan, Vietnam, Zambia, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Zaire, Ethiopia, and East Africa.
Those who fit into categories 2, 3, 4, and 5 will receive a certificate of eligibility from the Indian government.
To be a SSC stenographer, you need to meet all the eligibility criteria. You need to have good typing speed, a degree in stenography or shorthand, and a certain level of knowledge about the job. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will get the job of a stenographer. Good luck!