How to Close Axis Bank Account – Deactivate Axis Account
Are you looking for an option to close your axis account online or deactivate your Axis Account? We have written multiple ways you can close Axis Bank Account Online in this guide.
Axis bank is the third largest and one of the best private banks in India. Most companies prefer their employees to open their salary accounts in Axis Bank. It is better than other apps because Axis bank offers many good benefits to its users. Some of them are No minimum balance required, Rewards on each shopping, Personalized manager, good customer service, etc. However, for some reason, if your salary stops coming into your account, then you will not get these great privileges from Axis bank. For this reason, most people think to close their accounts. So if you are searching for How to close an Axis Bank account online, your search will end here.
Table of Contents
- How can I close a bank account in Axis?
- How To Close Axis Bank Account Online
- Things To Do Before Closing Axis Bank Account
- Steps To Deactivate Axis Account Online
- Axis Bank Account Closure Form download
- How to Close Axis Bank Salary Account
- How to Close Axis Bank Asap Account
- How to Close Demat Account in Axis Bank
- How to Close Axis Bank Account With Negative Balance
- Frequently Asked Questions
How can I close a bank account in Axis?
For a standard Axis Bank saving account, you need to maintain a minimum of Rs 5000 in your account, which might be difficult for someone depending upon financial conditions. Moreover, if you cannot keep the minimum balance, Axis bank will charge you some, which can be worse for middle-class people. To stop these charges, you can maintain the required balance or close your Axis bank account to stop unnecessary charges.
This article will tell you the working ways to close your Axis bank salary/saving/current account easily.
How To Close Axis Bank Account OnlineNote: if you are wndering how to close axis bank account without going to the bank, sadly there is no such ways to close the axis bank account online. You can download the closure form online but you need to visit the branch to submit the closure form so that you can close your axis bank account.
Things To Do Before Closing Axis Bank Account
Transfer Or Withdraw The Remaining Balance From Your Account
Make sure to transfer all your funds from your Axis bank account to your other bank account. You can use UPI, NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, or your Debit card to add money to the Paytm wallet. Apart from this, you can withdraw the remaining balance and deposit it in other banks.
Steps To Deactivate Axis Account Online
1. First of all, withdraw your leftover balance from your account. After drawing the money, Download the Axis Bank Account closure form. You can also visit the branch and ask them for an account closure form.
2. After receiving the form, fill it with the required details.
3. Now, visit your home branch along with your original bank passbook, Debit card, Chequebook, and ID proof along you.
4. After that, submit the form to the bank executive along with your Passbook, Debit card, and Chequebook. In most cases, the bank will return your Passbook but still take it with you for hassle-free closure. You can also save a photocopy of these documents for future reference.
5. The bank executive may provide you with a reference slip for the closure of your bank account.
6. After all this, your axis bank account will be closed in the next ten working days, and you will receive a message on your registered mobile number and Email as well.
Note: If it takes more than ten days to close your account, then you can contact the branch manager or customer care at 1860 419 5555 for further assistance.
Also, check – How To Activate Axis Bank Net Banking Online & Download Axis Bank RTGS Form PDF.
Axis Bank Account Closure Form download
The link to the axis bank account closure form link is attached below; please print and fill it and go to your nearest branch to close an axis bank account.
How to Close Axis Bank Salary Account
Axis bank converts your salary account into regular savings account if your salary is not credited into the bank for three months. So, the process to close the axis bank salary account is also the same as any regular account. Please go to the bank and ask your RM to close the axis bank account.
How to Close Axis Bank Asap Account
Although ASAP accounts can be opened online, you need to visit any Axis Bank branch and submit a written application to your Axis ASAP account.
How to Close Demat Account in Axis Bank
Closing a Demat account in Axis Bank is similar to closing any axis bank account online; you will have to download the axis bank account closure form and go to the nearest branch to close the Demat account in the axis bank. Also, if you have any outstanding amount in your Axis bank Demat account, you have to clear that due amount while closing the Demat account in axis bank.
How to Close Axis Bank Account With Negative Balance
If your axis bank account has a negative balance, you can still close it by going to the nearest branch. The bank manager might ask you to pay the -ve balance. Just refuse to pay and ask them to close it. They will do it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are There Any Charges For Closing Axis Bank Account?
How To Close Axis Bank Account With Negative Balance?
How To Get Axis Bank Account Closure Form?
How Can I Close My Axis Bank Account Online?
Can I Close The Axis Bank Account Through The App?
How To Close Axis Bank Account Without Going To The Bank?
So it was the post about How To Close Axis Bank Account Online. I hope I have cleared all your doubts and queries in the Faqs section. However, if you still have some doubts left, feel free to ask us in the comment section, and we would love to help you as soon as possible.