How To Activate An SBI Debit Card?
The State Bank of India is the largest bank in India in terms of revenue and network. It provides banking services to both individuals and businesses. Additionally, the bank offers credit cards and mutual funds. As a result, a substantial portion of the bank’s client tele consists of bank account holders, who also have access to the bank’s debit cards. With a debit card, customers can withdraw money from an ATM, make payments at retail stores and outlets, and even conduct online shopping.
Earlier, the State Bank Of India debit card came inside the delivery packet with its PIN. Nowadays, they send us only Debit Card as a part of the green earth initiative. However, activating SBI Debit Card by generating an ATM pin is easy. In this post, I will share how to activate SBI Debit Card.
Table of Contents
- How To Activate SBI Debit Card ?
- How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through SMS ?
- How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through Toll-Free Number ?
- How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through ATM Machine ?
- How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through Internet Banking (OnlineSBI) ?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Activate SBI Debit Card ?
You may have an account on the State Bank Of India, or you want to open an account. After you have opened an account on SBI, you will receive a Debit Card at your address. Now you have to activate the SBI Debit Card.
SBI issues various types of debit cards to its customers. Earlier, debit cards came with their PINs, but only a debit card is sent nowadays. Hence, a customer needs to activate their SBI debit card on their own via the Green Pin Initiative. There are four ways through which you can activate your SBI debit card.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through SMS ?
By far the simplest and easiest way to activate your SBI Debit Card is through SMS. You cannot generate PINs if your mobile number is associated with your bank account. If your phone number is associated with your SBI account, you can activate your SBI ATM Card by following these steps-
- From your registered mobile number, SMS PIN*space>CCCC*space>AAAA to 567676. CCCC stands for the last four digits of the Debit Card and AAAA stands for the last four digits of the account number.
- You will receive a text message from SBI with an OTP if the last four digits of the debit card and the last four digits of the account number match.
- The OTP is valid for two days.
- Visit an ATM of State Bank and choose PIN Change as the option.
- Input your current OTP and then set a new PIN.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through Toll-Free Number ?
In order to generate a new PIN for their SBI debit card or to change their existing PIN, SBI customers may call the toll-free number. However, they cannot generate PINs if their mobile numbers are associated with their bank accounts. If your phone number is linked to your SBI account, follow these steps to create a new PIN and activate your SBI debit card.
- From your registered mobile number, you can call any of the following toll-free numbers: 1800 425 3800, 1800 1122 11.
- Please press 1 to generate your PIN.
- As instructed, enter the last five digits of your debit card and the last five digits of the account number.
- The one time PIN (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number registered with your account.
- This OTP is valid for two days.
- You can change your PIN by visiting any State Bank ATM.
- Please enter your current OTP.
- Select the updated PIN and confirm.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through ATM Machine ?
In case you do not wish to use Internet banking, SMS, or toll-free numbers, you can generate a new PIN at any State Bank of India ATM. Here are the steps to follow to generate a new PIN and activate your debit card at a State Bank of India ATM.
- Insert your debit card into any ATM of the State Bank of India
- Select the PIN generation option.
- Provide your 11-digit account number.
- Then, enter the 10-digit mobile number that is registered with the bank.
- A one-time password will be sent to your mobile device.
- You can now insert the card once again and select the ‘PIN Change’ option
- You must enter the OTP you received previously in order to authenticate and set a new PIN of your choice.
How to generate OTP to Activate SBI Debit Card ?
- Insert your new State Bank of India ATM card into the Machine
- Now select the PIN generation option on the screen
- Now it will ask you 11 digit bank account number of the SBI atm pin generation
- Enter the 11 digit SBI Account Number that the ATM card.
- Next, it will ask for the mobile number linked to that SBI ATM Card pin you want to generate.
- Enter the registered mobile number and select ‘Confirm.’
- The next screen will show you a message thanking you for participating SBI Green initiative for SBI atm pin generation.
- Select on ‘Confirm’ to proceed next step of sbi atm pin generation through atm.
- On the next step, it will show you a confirmation message upon successful SBI PIN generation.
- Now you will receive an SMS with your 4 digits temporary SBI ATM Pin on your registered mobile number.
The OTP you received on the above steps is valid for 48 hours; now insert your atm card again to complete the last step of “how to activate sbi debit card in atm.”
Once SBI Debit Card is inserted, select the ‘Banking,’ then ‘PIN Change‘ option, and enter the Temporary PIN (OTP) received on the registered mobile number when the ATM asks to enter the SBI ATM PIN. Then change your pin of sbi debit card to activate it.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card Through Internet Banking (OnlineSBI) ?
To activate an SBI debit card using Internet banking, you must be registered for internet banking services. If your SBI internet banking is already active, then follow these steps to activate your SBI Debit Card-
- Log in to SBI Internet Banking with your user ID and password.
- Navigate to e-services and select ATM card services to generate an ATM PIN. Select it.
- As a security measure, you will be required to log in using your profile password or an OTP.
- Select the account number linked to your debit card.
- Choose the debit card for which you want to create a PIN. It is also possible to change the existing PIN.
- As per your choice, enter the first two digits of the PIN. Once you have completed this process, the last two digits of the PIN will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Verify the PIN by entering all four digits. Click on the “Confirm” button.
- You have now set a new PIN for your debit card, and the card is now ready to be used.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Activate a Sbi Debit Card for Online Payment
- Log in to SBI Internet Banking with your internet banking user ID and password.
- Go to e-services and select ATM card services, where you can generate an ATM PIN. Select it.
- Log in using your profile password or OTP for authentication.
- Choose the bank account to which the debit card is linked.
- Choose the debit card you wish to create a new PIN for. You can also change your existing PIN.
- Choose the first two digits of the PIN. After that, the last two digits of the PIN will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Verify the PIN by entering all four digits. Then confirm the change.
- Now that you have set a new PIN for your debit card, you can begin using it.
How to Activate Sbi Rupay Debit Card?
To activate the SBI Rupay debit card. After receiving the RuPay debit card, you will have to send an SMS
for your registered mobile number. Open your phone and create an SMS.
- Type SWON ECOM <Last four digits of a debit card>Please send the above message to 092239 66666. You will be charged standard SMS rates for sending this message. To send this SMS, make sure you have sufficient main balance or SMS pack.Once the message is delivered successfully, you will receive a reply SMS confirming that online transactions are now enabled.Now your SBI Debit Card is active and you can now use your SBI debit card for online transactions.
How to Activate International Transactions on a Sbi Debit Card?
- Sign in to SBI Anywhere with your username and password.
- Click on “debit card services”.
- Select “manage debit cards”.
- Select the debit card you wish to enable international usage for. Select the card number as well.
- Click the “International usage” button. Set the ATM limit and so on.
- To make international fund transfers, turn on the E-Commerce (CNP) txns.
Once this is done, you can use your State Bank of India debit card for domestic and international transactions as well as ATM withdrawals.
Will I Receive PIN Number Along With My SBI Debit Card?
Is There Any Validity Limit Of SBI ATM Cum Debit Card?
We have provided you with all four methods to activate your SBI debit card. However, for three of the methods mentioned above, you’ll have to visit an ATM for completion, while you will not have to go anywhere for the internet banking method. Therefore, you need to follow the steps carefully and avoid any errors.