HDFC bank is known for its service and customer care but according to the new government rules you have to maintain a certain amount of balance in the account on the monthly basis. The minimum balance requirement for the Urban area is Rs. 5000 and Rural Areas is Rs. 3000. If you will not able to maintain the minimum account balance then the bank will penalize you with a minimum balance charge.
If you have multiple accounts in other banks then it might hard to keep the minimum account balance in all the bank accounts. The easiest way to get rid of minimum balance charges is by maintaining balancing or closing your account. The Account closure process is pretty easy you just have to follow some steps. If you’re searching for How to Close HDFC account then here is how you can do it.
Table of Contents
- How to Close HDFC Bank Account Online
- Steps To Close Your HDFC Bank Account Permanently
- HDFC Account Closing Form Download
- Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Close HDFC Bank Account Online
Sadly, You can’t close the HDFC Bank Account Online, However to close HDFC bank account you don’t need to visit home branch, You can download the account closure form online below and visit to a nearest HDFC Bank branch to close your HDFC Account online.
Steps To Close Your HDFC Bank Account Permanently
- Before closing your account make sure to cash out all of your balance from your account. You can also transfer all of your money to another account via UPI or NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS.
- After clearing the balance from your account visit your nearest branch and obtain the account closure form and fill in the form with the correct details.
- You can also download the Account closure form from the official HDFC bank website and take a filled form to the branch. Click Here To Download the HDFC Bank account closure form
- Now Submit the form to the bank executive along with the Debit card, Passbook, and Chequebook. Make sure to bring ID Proof with yourself as the executive may ask it for verification.
- After submitting the account closure form along with the other documents required to close your bank account the executive will give you a copy of the acknowledgment and your HDFC Bank account will be closed within 10 working days.
If you have any problem related to the account closure procedure then you can call on 1800 22 1006 number for more help the customer care executive will answer all of your questions related to account closure.
HDFC Account Closing Form Download
You can download HDFC account closure from below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
can I close my HDFC account?
In Order to close your HDFC bank Account, you have to visit your nearest branch where you can ask for the account closure form. After obtaining the form fill all of the requirements and submit the form to the bank executive along with Debit Card, Passbook, and CheckBook. Your account will be closed within 10 working days.
Make sure to bring along an ID Card in case the Bank Executive asks for the verification.
Can we close the bank account online?
Currently, you can not close your bank account online. However, you can download the account closure form from the HDFC website and visit the branch to close your account.
Are there any charges for closing the HDFC bank account?
If the account is closed within 14 days of opening or beyond 12 months of opening, no charges will be levied. If the account is closed between 15 days and 12 months of opening a charge of Rs.500 will be levied (Rs 300/- for Senior Citizens).
What happens if minimum balance is not maintained in HDFC?
If you will not able to maintain the minimum balance in your account you will be penalized for a penalty fee. The Penalty fee totally depends on the account types and area.
Can I close the HDFC account before 1 year?
You can close your account anytime as you want. but if you close the account between 15 days and 12 months of opening a charge of Rs. 500 will be levied.
How can I change my HDFC account to zero balance?
HDFC bank zero balance savings account can be opened by any individual who is not having any exiting account in the bank and does not have complete KYC.
A Zero Balance Savings Account Can be open in the HDFC Bank but you have certain transactional and operational limits.
So it was the article about “How to close your HDFC bank account”. We explaining everything that you need to know while closing your HDFC Bank Account. But still, if you have any doubts related to any point ask in the comment section we will happy to assist you. You can also call HDFC Bank customer care for more details.