How to close HDFC Bank Account
HDFC bank is known for its service and customer care, but according to the new government rules, you have to maintain a certain amount of balance in the account monthly. The minimum balance requirement for the Urban area is Rs. 5000, and for Rural Areas is Rs. 3000. If you cannot maintain the minimum account balance, then the bank will penalize you with a minimum balance charge.
Suppose you have multiple accounts in other banks, then it might be hard to keep the minimum account balance in all the bank accounts. The easiest way to get rid of minimum balance charges is by balancing or closing your account. The Account closure process is pretty straightforward. You have to follow some steps. If you’re searching for a How to Close HDFC account, then here is how you can do it.
Table of Contents
- How to Close HDFC Bank Account Online
- Steps To Close Your HDFC Bank Account Permanently
- HDFC Account Closing Form Download
- Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Close HDFC Bank Account Online
Sadly, You can’t close the HDFC Bank Account Online; and However, to close the HDFC bank account, you don’t need to visit a home branch. You can download the account closure form online below and see the nearest HDFC Bank branch to close your HDFC Account online.
|Article||HDFC Bank Account Closing Form|
|Form PDF Download||Download Here|
Steps To Close Your HDFC Bank Account Permanently
- Before closing your account make sure to cash out all of your balance from your account. You can also transfer all of your money to another account via UPI or NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS.
- After clearing the balance from your account visit your nearest branch and obtain the account closure form and fill in the form with the correct details.
- You can also download the Account closure form from the official HDFC bank website and take a filled form to the branch. Click Here To Download the HDFC Bank account closure form
- Now Submit the form to the bank executive along with the Debit card, Passbook, and Chequebook. Make sure to bring ID Proof with yourself as the executive may ask it for verification.
- After submitting the account closure form along with the other documents required to close your bank account the executive will give you a copy of the acknowledgment and your HDFC Bank account will be closed within 10 working days.
If you have any problem with the account closure procedure, you can call on 1800 22 1006 number for more help. The customer care executive will answer all of your questions related to account closure.
HDFC Account Closing Form Download
You can download the form for HDFC bank account closure form below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Can I Close My HDFC Account?
Can We Close The Bank Account Online?
Are There Any Charges For Closing The HDFC Bank Account?
What Happens If The Minimum Balance Is Not Maintained In HDFC?
Can I Close The HDFC Account Before 1 Year?
How Can I Change My HDFC Account To Zero Balance?
So it was the article about “How to close your HDFC bank account”. We tried to explain everything you need to know while closing your HDFC Bank Account. But still, if you have any doubts related to any point, ask in the comment section we will be happy to assist you. You can also call HDFC Bank customer care for more details.